When to conduct pregnancy test after ART-IUI?

CatWoman

Reaction score
After having Gonal-F (to increase egg production) my usual ovulation of Day 14-16 (in my 30 day cycle) actually occurred on Day 11. When the earliest I could reaslistically take a pregnancy test? Should I test based on my usual Day 30 cycle (i.e. on Day 30), or exactly two weeks after the egg release/IUI procedure (i.e. which is actually about Day 27)? If I use too early I'll just depress myself with the inevitable :bfn:

(Clearly I've already bought the pregnancy tests - plural - and just need to try avoiding using too early as usual :rofl: )

Jen
x

BTW - sorry if I'm not abbreviating commonly used terms enough, still getting used to forums on this subject - sorry :oops:

I haven't been through this procedure myself but I think the longer you wait the better to test the better!
Loadsa luck!

But it so hard...
I even asked the doctor if he had pills to make two weeks go by faster! Obviously he said unfortunately he didn't or he'd be much richer!
:rofl:

Hello Catwoman! Having had 3 IUI's myself, I was always told by my Dr. to test 2 weeks after the egg release/IUI procedure and not sooner because the trigger shot can actually give you a false positive because of the hcg hormone in it. I know how you feel about your 2WW...I'm in the same boat only my results are tomorrow!

Lot's of luck, I hope this IUI works for you! :hug:

Thanks Mandy. On that basis I should test on Thursday, one day after you. So we're, almost, tww buddies. Fingers and toes (but not legs!) crossed for you!

Here's lots of :dust: to you all and wishing you all :bfp:

Jen
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"