When to count an OPK as positive

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
Ok, so to further explain.

When using something like Fertility Friend and you input your data everyday, here's the scenario.

I test at 9am and opk is negative. I test at 2pm and opk is positive. Do I change my morning input from - to +?

What if the opk is negative all day, then finally is.positive at 9pm. Does that count as a positive for the day, or since it was so late in the day, do I just count the next day as a positive?

And then finally visa versa. So if the opk is positive at 9am, but goes negative by say...6pm. Does that day count as a positive or negative opk?

Lol Hope that wasn't too confusing. Thanks everyone!

If I get a positive in the am and neg in pm I mark it as positive for that day (and vice versa) I might make a note in FF what time of day I got the positive. If I get 2 days of positives, I mark the day with the darkest line as positive, but if they're really close I mark both days as positive!

I'd make a note of the time in FF, as the previous poster suggested, but definitely mark the day you got the positive as "positive" no matter what the time is. Honestly, most people are going to see their LH peak somewhere between 2-9pm.

ditto PP's. The most important thing is you understand it and remember what is going on! Whether or not the OPK is positive in the AM or PM wont have any impact on your O date which is calculated by temps.

Always mark the most fertile info no matter whether its CM, CP, OPk, etc.

So if you got a + at some point in the day, mark it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->