When to get blood test done?

dignity4

Reaction score
My current insurance paid for by my employer doesn't cover maternity and my husband and I make too much to qualify for Medicaid... So were having to wait awhile to get our initial prenatal exam. On Friday I'll already be 6 weeks and won't be 9 weeks until I get my hcg levels checked. I think I'm just freaking out about miscarriages but I want to make sure my levels are going up! How soon do you ladies usually go for your first exam???

I didn't have my first appointment until 11 weeks, but I did have my levels checked when I found out.

I guess I'm just ignorant on the subject, I didn't realize they could just not cover maternity! That's so wrong, I wonder if there's any other options for you. Good luck !

If you want just a blood test done for now, you can search for private labs around you. We used Personalabs to get hubby's blood typed since I am A Negative, and it was less than $50. He just scheduled an appointment online for our location, showed up and gave the blood sample, and then 48 hours later the result was uploaded. I know they also do HCG tests.

I went at 8 weeks (turns out I was only 7 weeks) for my first appointment. I think it's common for a lot of practices to wait until 8 weeks to see a new pregnant woman unless there's a problem or they're high risk.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"