When to go to 1 nap?

jaybee

Mum to Tobias & Alexander
Reaction score
So Tobi is now 13 months old and still on 2 naps a day.

He has his first at 830/9am for one sleep cycle (40mins ish), regardless of what time he wakes up, he is always ready at this time.
Then he has another hour at about 1.30pm. We don't let him go any later than 2.30ish anymore as it seems to disrupt his bedtime then.

However when do we start moving to 1 nap? I can't see how we are going to do this as he is sooo ready at 830 everyday!!

I am not too worried, as this works for us, but i was just curious!

im also struggling with this with my 16MO. Abigail tends to get up at 8ish then have an hour at around 11, then an hour at 4 and in bed by 8. if she doesnt sleep in the morning she is too tired to eat her luch etc but by 4 everyday she is falling asleep.

dont know whether to merge the 2 and let her have a 2 hour nap at around 1? but then i have to force her to stay awake til then. its hard!!

When they stop going to bed nicley because they have too much energy.

My LO stopped his 2nd nap at about 1 yr - but his one and only nao increased in length to anywhere between 1 and 3 hours now. (after 3 hours , I wake him)

i dont know but if lo is happy and still tired at that time i would still let them nap, i never cut Lanas naps down she did it herself

Thomas dropped his second nap at about 15 and a half months. We had to help him a bit with the transition. You'll know when it's time because either he won't settle easily for the second nap or he won't have time to take two naps without it interfering with bedtime. If he's still going down easily for both naps then I would leave him on two naps for the moment. As he gets older you will probably find that he can go for longer in the morning and then you can gradually stretch the time of his morning nap so that eventually he is just going for one long nap at about midday. Might be a few months away yet though. We tried to move Thomas to one nap at almost 14 months and it was a disaster because he wasn't ready even though I thought he was. So he went back to two naps for about another six weeks and the transition was pretty smooth at that stage because he was ready.

Whenever he's ready hun, there's no point in him being tired and grumpy, Jacob stopped napping ages ago :(, so i'd hold onto the 2 if I were you haha! X

Ben has recently gone up to 2 naps!!!
From around 8 months he went to 1 nap and thought that was it. Now he's having a morning and afternoon nap most days.... Don't get it but hey he must need it :)
Not overly worried as touch wood he still sleeps pretty well at night :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->