When to go to the fertility clinic?

missk1989

Reaction score
When we were ttc DS we were referred to the fertility clinic because of DH medical history. We were told we would need IVF as DH has low sperm count and mobility. 6 weeks late we got a BFP!
We have been ttc #2 for 7 cycles now and are getting disheartened. We know we were lucky to conceive DS naturally and probably wont be that lucky as to do it again. The consultant literally said "I cant say impossible but i I could I would tell you it is impossible for the two of you to conceive together".

So would you ask for a referral to the clinic or wait a bit longer? I dont want them to turn us away and say we should be trying for longer when we know realistically it wont happen.

Well, it couldn't hurt to try, no? I would say, in your situation with your difficulties conceiving your son, go ahead and ask for a referral. You could explain your situation, and that you'd prefer not to wait another 5 months when you already KNOW you have these obstacles.

Thanks. I guess the worst they could do is say no.

I would probably get a referral considering you already have been diagnosed with issues and it has been 6 months. It can also take a while to get an appointment and re-testing done again too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->