when to have dating scan?

cupcake.girl

Reaction score
Hi,
So I am currently 4-5 weeks pregnant with my second baby :)
I'm going to have a dating scan soon but don't want to go too early when No heart beat will be seen. I know that at say 5 weeks it is normal not to see a heart beat but this will still make me worry. On the other hand i'm also very impatient and want to see baby! So my question is at how many weeks should I book my scan so that I will most likely see a heart beat and still not have to wait too long?
thanks

I'm about 5 weeks too.. And I am going to hold off until 7/8 weeks..

It's difficult because I'm constantly worrying, but I don't think anything before that point will put my mind to rest anyway..

Ive had 2 early dating scans one that measured 7.1weeks and one at 8 weeks i personally would wait till u r at least 7 weeks to make sure u see something and not worry if u are earlier and dont see anything though heartbeat can be detected from 6 weeks. I must say tho that my 7 and 8 weeks scan was a big difference and 7 weeks was just a blobby line and at 8 weeks was able to see more of a head and body shape blobs

They scheduled me at about 5.5 and saw sacs and went back at what they dated 6.6 and saw sacs, baby, and heartbeat.

I agree I would say 7 or 8 weeks. I have mine booked for 8 weeks. I had one at 6 weeks last time and they couldn't see baby and told me I may have just ovulated late and to come back in 2 weeks because I might not have been as far as I thought. Being stuck in limbo for two weeks was awful and I ended up having a mc. So I would like to be 100% sure this time!

I agree with previous posters. Its better to wait until you are further along. With my last pregnancy I had some spotting so I went for an early scan. It ended up I was wrong about my dates and thought I was a week further along than I actually was. So I had a scan at 5 weeks, they could see a gestational sac but nothing else and I had to go back for another scan in a weeks times. Long story short I spent a whole week thinking I was miscarrying when it ended up everything was completely fine and the scan showed what was normal for that early on.

Its hard to be patient but wait until there is a little bubs to see in there. So worth it because you know if they don't find a heartbeat early on (which is totally normal!!) it will just be stress and panic until your next scan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->