When to POAS?

ash12

Reaction score
So, I'm new here and need some advice on when to POAS!

A little about my situation:

I currently have a two year old. But, she was conceived rather easily. I hadn't had a period in like 3 months or something and was currently treating a cyst. During that time, the hubs and I decided to NTNP. After two weeks of that, I woke up one morning and said "I'm pregnant". Hubs was like no way you haven't had a period in three months.

Tested and was preggers!

So, I really have NO CLUE how all this stuff works, when the best time to test is, and honestly, I feel like I'm going to DIE waiting. lol

We aren't actively TTC or even NTNP... for whatever reason the hubs decided to go without for a few days. I want to have #2 so bad it's ridiculous, so I didn't complain!

ANYWAY, my question is, we DTD on cycle days 7, 8, 9, and 10 as of now... early on, I know, but I'm willing to hold onto that chance! My cycles are usually 27/28 days, sometimes up to 30, but I don't have an iota of a clue as to when I ovulate. I'm cramping right now (CD 11) if that means anything. What day(s) should I POAS???

Thanks for reading! I'm excited to join these boards!

So, I'm new here and need some advice on when to POAS!

A little about my situation:

I currently have a two year old. But, she was conceived rather easily. I hadn't had a period in like 3 months or something and was currently treating a cyst. During that time, the hubs and I decided to NTNP. After two weeks of that, I woke up one morning and said "I'm pregnant". Hubs was like no way you haven't had a period in three months.

Tested and was preggers!

So, I really have NO CLUE how all this stuff works, when the best time to test is, and honestly, I feel like I'm going to DIE waiting. lol

We aren't actively TTC or even NTNP... for whatever reason the hubs decided to go without for a few days. I want to have #2 so bad it's ridiculous, so I didn't complain!

ANYWAY, my question is, we DTD on cycle days 7, 8, 9, and 10 as of now... early on, I know, but I'm willing to hold onto that chance! My cycles are usually 27/28 days, sometimes up to 30, but I don't have an iota of a clue as to when I ovulate. I'm cramping right now (CD 11) if that means anything. What day(s) should I POAS???

Thanks for reading! I'm excited to join these boards!

You're much too early to test.
If your cycles are irregular it is best to temp you basal body temperature and know when your ovulate. This is rather inexpensive compared to spending money on wasted tests.
I would say you are maybe now entering your fertile week. So CD 23-25+ is when I would start testing if I was sure I ovulated on CD12-15.

Excited2See:

Yeah, I knew it was too early to test now. I just didn't know when I should in the future.

I know I'm grasping at straws. But, hey, a girl can hope. lol

Excited2See:

Yeah, I knew it was too early to test now. I just didn't know when I should in the future.

I know I'm grasping at straws. But, hey, a girl can hope. lol

Try CD24. That would put you at about 10dpo. Still early to test but would help with your POAS addiction.:hugs:

I second the suggestion to use OPKs and/or temping to monitor when you ovulate. It turns out I am pretty regular unless something weird is going on (I had substantially delayed O the month after a chemical pregnancy), but I would never have felt like I knew when I ovulated without those two things to help. Or you could observe your cervical mucus, if you reliably get the watery or egg white kind around the time of ovulation that's really all you need to know to DTD at the right time.

You mentioned you were cramping today on CD11. If it helps, I actually cramp a day or two BEFORE ovulation (guess something painful happening in the follicle as it prepares to release the egg), so I wouldn't give up on the baby dancing now or you might miss the best chance! I think this is especially likely for you since you say that you have a 27/28 day cycle normally. The second half of the cycle (the luteal phase) very often lasts between 10 and 16 days. If you have the longest normal luteal phase length you could O on CD11 and still get your period at the normal time (27 days), but if it's any shorter than that it would still be early for ovulation. My cycle is also about 27 days usually and I don't O until at least CD14 (confirmed by OPKs and temp shift) because my luteal phase is only around 12 days long.

In relation to your ACTUAL question, I typically break down and commence POAS at 9dpo. I can usually make it about a week past O before getting too antsy (7dpo now, lol) and then I start scrutinizing every potential symptom of implantation, etc. After that I just have to test ASAP. But I also have a legit reason for using this rule, because when I had a chemical pregnancy a few months ago I got my first BFP at 9dpo (and it wasn't a squinter or anything). Unfortunately that little bean didn't stick, but I know that means that for me it is possible to have implantation and then a measurable amount of HCG by 9dpo. Btw, I use the cheap Wondfo test strips, which seem to be quite sensitive (but may vary from batch to batch - my current batch seems to have a lot less dye than others I've used).

Hope that helps! Let us know what happens this month. Sticky baby dust to you and welcome to B&B.

I'm sorry to hear about your chemical deductivemom! :(

Thank you for the advice. I feel stupid because I feel like I should know this since I have a 2 year old. Lol

Good luck and I hope you get a BFP this month!!!! Let me know how it goes! :)

If you have a 28/28 day cycle i'd say you can begin testing with a sensitive test at around 4/5 days before expected af but some women dont see a bfp until af is due good luck with #2 hun

I'm sorry to hear about your chemical deductivemom! :(

Thank you for the advice. I feel stupid because I feel like I should know this since I have a 2 year old. Lol

Good luck and I hope you get a BFP this month!!!! Let me know how it goes! :)

Thanks for the sympathy and well wishes! So far I have taken 2 tests (9 and 10dpo) - both bfn :( I guess either way I'll have my answer in a few days (AF due Sunday).

And definitely don't feel bad for not knowing about this stuff!!! It really is its own separate world, and although to me it feels like this is just how TTC has to be I know somewhere deep in the back of my mind that tons of people just have sex then wait and see (and many babies have been made this way). Hard to believe it can all be so low tech!

I'm so confused! In you original post you said you were at CD11, did you mean cycle day 11 or 11 days past ovulation? Seems like you mean 11dpo since you are due for AF Sunday? (Just trying to help to see when you can POAS!) :winkwink::thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->