When To Say Enough-Another Clomid Question from someone with PCOS

Mommy's Angel

Mommy to Angelboy 10/22/9
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

Well, ((sigh)) Went in for a third pelvic sonogram to find out I have just one follie slightly under 2.0 the others are quite small. Met with the nurse practitioner who said my hormones are all over the place.

She asked how long my cycles go and I told her honestly I had no idea. I have PCOS and I think they are longer than normal. My son Jackson was conceived without a period. In fact, I was told it'd never happen and it happened by surprise.

50 mg of Clomid gave me follies, but they grew so big, then got small again. This dose of 100mg has given me follies, but they are a slow go.

In talking with her, I asked how many before we move on to something like gonal-f? She said usually Clomid is given between 4-6 trys. Not sure if I should base my decision based on only 2 cycles of clomid, but it's not seeming to work. I'm 36 years old and don't have all day if you know what I mean?!

Someone here mentioned women with PCOS Do better on Femara. Just wondering if I should request Femara, ask to move directly to gonal-f or give Clomid a try at the higher doseages?? Any thoughts??

Thank You!

Rebekah

Update: Heard from the nurse and she mentioned they want me to go in on Monday to see if I ovulate late. I asked her what would happen if I ovulate this weekend and she told me to BD just in case. She said if they find this round didn't work, the Dr. is thinking more about injectables like gonal-f. Your thoughts are appreciated!

Hey - I am a fellow pcos'er but not a fellow clomid lass - just thought - there is also a clomid club in LTTTC so a few experts there, hope you get some answers :)

hx

Thank you! I'm pretty new here and this board is pretty big. :lol: So it's hard to know where to post everything. I appreciate your comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->