When to schedule first appointment?

Genevevex

Reaction score
I found out last week that I am expecting #2. Now I am 5 weeks and some days according to last period.

My question is this. At what point should I start scheduling doctor visits? Should I wait until I hit approximate 7 week mark? Or go ahead and do so now? I'm not a high-risk or anything, and my last pregnancy was perfectly normal.

I'd just call and ask. When you're first seen really depends on your clinic/doc's personal preferences :flower:

I'm. In the UK. I'm 4 weeks 5 days and it's first time for me. Called docs today and I've got an appointment to go on Wednesday to confirm that I am indeed pregnant and then I will be passed over to antenatal appointments.

As a PP suggested, go ahead and call now. Some docs don't see you until you are 8 weeks, but if your doc has a busy practice, calling now will make sure they will be able to fit you in for your first appointment at 8 weeks or 10 weeks (whichever policy they go by).

I called my MW, and made my own appointment as I've had the same MW twice before so I just made an appointment with her.

I'd just call your doctors office they will be able to tell you :)

I say to call now! I'm in the US too, and I had my first appointment at 6 weeks 5 days. Each OBGYN has their own preferences, but I think they generally bring you in for your dating scan around 6-8 weeks.

It doesn't hurt to call early. When you call they will ask you when your last menstrual period was and will schedule you based on that. Plus, if you wait until 7 weeks, they might be booked up already.

Thanks everyone! I will call this afternoon when I get out of work.

i have kaiser insurance and im scheduled to see a CNM (certified nurse midwife) on the 19th and i will be just a couple days shy of being 8 weeks by then (judging by LMP)
when i called to make the appointment they told me they schedule the first appointment between 8 and 10 weeks judging by LMP
it doesnt hurt to call and make the appointment as soon as possible that way maybe they can get you in closer to 8 weeks
i scheduled mine about a month in advance

I called on Tuesday, and they immediately scheduled me for the next day to confirm the pregnancy! They did that yesterday. Today I am 6 weeks, and they have me scheduled for bloodwork next week, and an ultrasound the following week to verify the timing/age.

Wow! I feel like I'm in such a whirlwind already. It doesn't seem very real to me right now.

I rang as soon as I found out (4 weeks) and have a appointment at 9weeks. x

I called the day after my second positive pregnancy test. They had me come in the same day to get my blood drawn, because they wanted that information BEFORE my first actual appointment. They also called in some prescription prenatal vitamins, so if you aren't already prescribed them they may want to get you on those before your actual appointment as well. My appointment will be in 9 days, and I will be somewhere around 5 or 6 weeks (not sure how far along I am yet). This is my first pregnancy though and I expressed that I had some concerns, so perhaps they took that into consideration. I would call ASAP just in case your doctor has pre-appointment preferences like mine did, and to make sure they aren't all booked up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->