When to start to use doppler?

britgirl82

Reaction score
Any ideas? Am 5+1 with #3.

I'm slim and skilled in using a doppler (used it with #1 and #2). How soon can I realistically expect to hear something???

I think 8 weeks would be THE earliest ... the earliest I heard is 9 weeks with my own. but if I were you i'd be already trying lol

(I did already try today...Unsurprisingly I got nothing!!).

Thanks - will try again in a week or two... !

9 weeks and 3 days is when I heard baby's heartbeat for the first time! It took forever!

I started hearing mine at 8+2 this is baby number 2 and I am defiantly not skinny size 14/16 so it's very possible to pick hb on Doppler in the 8th/9th week x

8-9w if you're experienced I'd say. I did find ds2 in the 7th week, but he was an exception! I struggled to find the one I lost in January until week 9 and it measured exactly right, must be all position.

Just found wee bubs heartbeat today at 10 weeks :)

Found mine at 10+3, started trying when I got t at 8+6, I am chubby tho so no wonder I had no luck :haha:

Any ladies have advice as to where to start? Approx how high up? If I remember correctly at 8 weeks they are just above pubic bone and by 12 weeks they are up by belly? I am almost 9 weeks and really want to hear the heart beat!

Start really low - below the bikini line. Go around your pubic bone. Baby is probably still hiding around there.

Yes start around pubic bone baby is still low down at that stage I'm still just on pubic bone pointing downwards and I'm 9+1 it took me around 20 minutes to find at first baby is good at hiding a good tip is take your time nice and slowly the slightest movement with the probe you can lose it x

And don't be afraid to press hard enough while pointing down

I just got my doppler today! I am so glad I got it. I let my wife try to find the heartbeat but she got so frustrated. I tried and found it almost immediately :haha: I kind of went off of my ultrasound picture and where the placenta is in the picture. It took me a minute to steady my hand and get a clear reading but it worked. I bet I would've heard it earlier because it is so clear now. I hope you can find it soon!

This may be a silly question but where did you guys buy your Doppler from??

I got mine from eBay new from a firm who just sell dopplers and gel I think I paid about 35 including delivery that was 3 years ago mines a sonoline b pocket foetal Doppler they also sell them on amazon but at the time eBay was cheaper x

I bought mine on eBay as well for $48. The seller has pretty good ratings and I got it within five days of ordering it. Plus it has free shipping. https://m.ebay.com/itm/231115023484

I first found this bub at 10w1d, and have found it every day I've tried since. I would sya maybe 9 weeks just to be safe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->