When to start wearing maternity clothes

mac1979

Mommy to a Raptor
Reaction score
So, I am only barely pregnant, but I have a urge to bust out my maternity pants since they are so comfy. How early is too early?

There's no such thing! Especially if that's what's keeping you comfy!

I didn't have any maternity clothes left over from my first pregnancy, but went out and bought some around 9 weeks because I was just too uncomfortable/bloated in my regular pants. I needed something really stretchy. Plus maternity clothes are so much more flattering when you're in that awkward stage of its-bloat-but-I-look-6-months-pregnant!

Whenever your normal clothes don't fit. I started to wear some maternity things from about 7 weeks last time because I was just so bloated and anything tight on my stomach just made me feel extra nauseous. I could still fit into some of my normal clothes even at full term depending on the fit, but definitely jeans and trousers didn't fit well from about 7 weeks and I was much more comfortable in maternity leggings and over the bump jeans. (I also wore my maternity jeans for about 9 months after I had my daughter because they were so comfortable! Probably still be wearing them now but they got a hole in the crotch!).

im thinking of digging mine out this weekend all trousers either too tight or wont stay in place roll down ever growing tummy boo lol im most comfy in my pj bottoms lol

It's never too early for maternity jeans LOL I love those things! With daughter, my bloat was so bad I started wearing them around 9 weeks. Of course, when the bloat finally went away I was back in my regular jeans. But whatever you feel most comfy in is what I'd wear.

I brought some maternity jeans at the weekend so start wearing at 8 weeks. Im so bloated normal clothes were so uncomfortable.

I got my maternity clothes out around 8 weeks as well. I don't have a lot from my other pregnancies as we weren't sure we would want another this soon. So I love my pj's and tend to choose a maxi skirt over pants most of the time. Never too early if that is what helps you to be comfortable :)

Yup. Just be comfortable! Pregnancy is too long to stay uncomfy. I don't buy maternity clothes, but I had to buy bigger shirts than normal at 5 weeks along (I had just lost a bunch of weight before getting pregnant and got rid of all my big clothes). Those shirts are already too small, so I guess I need to go shopping again! Thank goodness I'm having another winter baby so I can hide behind a coat throughout third trimester instead of buying even bigger clothes. Haha

DH was teasing me last night because I was going through my maternity clothes trying to find out what I can wear this time and what I can't. My Raptor was a summer baby so I have a lot of tank tops etc, but maybe only a couple long sleeves tops. I would like to hit Goodwill and consignment shops soon so I can get first dibs on fall /winter stuff.

I'll start when ever my normal clothes feel uncomfy, I don't think there's a set time you can get them out lol.
Ive already noticed my jeans are tight but that's from over eating ahha x

Whenever you're uncomfortable in your regular clothes. There's no right or wrong answer. I didn't switch until 19 weeks because my regular clothes still fit alright then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->