When to stop bedtime bottles

My little one (14 months) has 7/8 oz before bed in a sippy cup. I have no plans in dropping this, Just wanted to change it into a cup instead. She get a dummy at bedtime anyway.

I say, "whatever works best for you and LO"

Is it formula or cow's milk you are giving ladies?. I only ask as my LO still isn't a great eater and I'm reluctant to take him off the formula in a couple of weeks. Thanks

Its whole cows milk, I stopped formula at about 13 mths.

Emma still has about 250nl of Milk before bed, although it is up to her if she wants it and prob about 4 evenings out of 7 she has it. She will still have a cup of milk in the mornin as well if she wants it. It is still in a sippy cup, but at nursery I think they are moving her onto cups.

I see no point in stopping it. In fact, one of my ex boyfriends, who was the picture of health and never broke a bone in his life - despite regular collisions with trees out biking -drank a pint of milk every night before bed, almost ritually. When he was about 19 though he started adding angel delight to it............I am amazed he didnt get fat!

I think they recommend switching to sippy cups from 12 months, due to problems in later life with teeth.

https://kidshealth.org/parent/nutrition_center/q_a/no_bottles.html#

I stopped the bottle before 12 months, but my LO still gets milk before bed. I am slowly changing that. I am giving her milk after dinner and only a few sips before bed time. She is actually, slowing reducing her milk intact anyway. And doesnt really care if she does or doesn't have milk before bed. I'm doing it this way because altimately I want to be ready for potty training when she is ready. She pees so much at night, so I want to reduce the amount of liquids close to bedtime.

I took my son off his bottle at about 11 months. I realize this isn't an easy task for some mothers and its not an easy transition for a lot of babies!! Again, it really just depends on what you prefer. In my experience, the younger you wean, the better off you are! Conner still gets a sippy cup of milk before bed.. but its about an hour before he goes to sleep! I found that this alleviated him peeing through his diaper overnight! :)

i think its fine to give milk but after 10 months, though it should be in a beaker, as the milk pools in their mouth with a bottle and will decay teeth. Also clean teeth after bottle.

We have warm milk and hot choc before bed, dont see why our little ones shouldnt :)

I was totally stuck as it was part of our bedtime routine too. We used to feed in the dark and then I'd put her down. Then one night, last week, I accidentally left out a beaker of milk out and she drank it after her dinner, but before her bath and bed.

I didn't realise just how much she drank until I took her in the darkened room and she refused to touch her bottle. I bit the bullet and put her down, and she went to sleep! This has been going on for a week now so I'm delighted, she just naturally takes the milk after dinner now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->