when to take aspirin?

brillbride

Reaction score
after 2 mc's ---and no tests allowed til you have 3....i have bought baby aspirin and naturone progesterone cream

anyhow heres the question?? Do I start taking aspirin anytime or do i wait to im pregnant? what did you doctors advise?

im about 4 dpo and dont know whether i should take one now?xxx thank

I dont know about the asprin but just wanted to ask have u pushed your docs for testing you? It really annoys me that they say wait 3 mc, surely after 2 they should do some basic tests for you. I have just had some basic tests done by my GP, had a complicated mc and family history of birth defects so she agreed.

Hiya,
I was diagnosed homozygous MHTFR and was told to start aspirin as soon as i got preggo and even then my doc wasnt convinced it would change anything. I started taking it while ttc and im now 14 weeks pregnant and still taking it. Hope this helps!

hi bluesky---my fault really--was told at hospital that it would have to be after a 3rd--they saw no need for tests and that they mightnt show up anything anyway..i didnt take the matter further with GP...

im trying to be very optimistic about this month----if nothing happens---il have to get some private MC testing done

thanks vicky--i took one baby aspirin yesterday (at 3dpo) when u were TTC..when did you take it? after ov or before or all month??

i know you shouldnt take it right up to when period is due as it can cause heavy bleeding

Well i took it after AF for the whole month and was preggo before the next AF! I think you stop taking it during AF.

gosh--thanks very much for that Vicky...xxxxxxxxxxxx

you can take the aspirin straight away and dont stop at all.. you can take it to 12 weeks and some docs recomend it till 20 weeks... gl

Yes, you can take it for the entire cycle and then into the first trimester. Some women don't take it during AF because since it is a blood thinner, you might bleed longer than normal during AF. I'm so sorry for your losses.

Hi hun, I am in the same situation as you. I have been TTC for 9 months and had 2 m/c's. I started taking aspirin a couple of weeks ago and started my natural progesterone cream yesterday (just ov'd). I'm lucky enough that I am getting some testing done though as I also have a luteal phase defect - unfortunately my appointment isnt until November. So I am also taking 100mg of Vit B. Good luck x

after 2 mc's ---and no tests allowed til you have 3....i have bought baby aspirin and naturone progesterone cream

anyhow heres the question?? Do I start taking aspirin anytime or do i wait to im pregnant? what did you doctors advise?

im about 4 dpo and dont know whether i should take one now?xxx thank

I'm in ezxactly the same position and now considerng tehse two options.

You take the aspirin from ttc to when you are advised to stop by your doctor in pregnancy (I'll check my book tonight, it says in there what to do). the problem we will have is, we are self-medicating so we will have to decide.

Progesterone - I'll have to consult my book as can't remember! will update later

I have convinced my doc to send me to the FS. Told him I couldnt go through another mc and wanted selective ivf. He sent me to the FS instead! Maybe you could ask for a referral? This 3 mcs lark is so rubbish x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->