When to take asprin?

poppy666

My family Complete x
Reaction score
Im thinking of trying Asprin for the 1st time and im getting conflicting advice as when to take it :dohh: do you take it all the way through a cycle or only once you get a BFP?

Thanks in advance ladies xxx

My dr told me to take it all the way through my cycle. I had heard that it can cause issues with implantation, but he said that with a low dose like that it shouldn't cause any problems.

My fertility doctor told me to take baby aspirin when I get a bfp.
My tests didn't show I had any problems in that area particularly but my doc said it wouldn't hurt to take it and might help.

Good luck!

My fertility doctor told me to take baby aspirin when I get a bfp.
My tests didn't show I had any problems in that area particularly but my doc said it wouldn't hurt to take it and might help.

Good luck!

My FS said exactly the same thing.

Thanks ladies i will take it when/if i get my BFP then, i too dont think i got any issues but just want to make sure the next one sticks so i guess a low dosage wont do any harm xx

Thanks ladies i will take it when/if i get my BFP then, i too dont think i got any issues but just want to make sure the next one sticks so i guess a low dosage wont do any harm xx

'When' Poppy not 'if'!!!! :dust: For BFP soon!! xx

:haha: aww Sarah sorry i cant help it... thanks for the PMA :kiss: when i get my BFP :dust::dust::dust:: xxx

I have to take aspirin as I have a tendency to clot too much, my consultant said that it shouldn't be taken until you get a bfp either the day af is due or after as taking aspirin too early could interfere with implantation. xxx

What dosage is the "norm" for this?

After my 2 early miscarriages I started taking 75mg of aspirin each day, before I got my BFP. I took it till 34 weeks. Hope this helped x

Thanks hotpinkangel, what i dont understand is some women say take it after your BFP 'something to do with problems implanting', but you took it before BFP and your obviously doing ok :wacko:

I just want to get it right i guess arghhh lol x

I have never seen 75 mg, maybe the doses vary depending on where you are. I have read so many conflciting things even after the dr told me to start taking the aspirin while TTC. I am just sticking with what the dr told me and will see what happens from here on out. Good luck ladies!

I also took it before and after my BFP and had a healthy daughter...finally! I read that it is better to take it the whole time to allow your body to get used to it.

in the uk the doses for aspirin are 75mg and the ones you take for pain relief come in 300mg. I am to take 150mg, so I take 2x75mg.

My consultant said that for all the ladies who take aspirin pre bfp, most are fine, but it could interfere with implantation.

Low dose aspirin can be anything between 75mg - 81mg, I've only ever seen 75mg though. I took the aspirin before my BFP to get it into my system...my mc's happened at 5 weeks so it probably wouldn't have helped if I'd took it after I got my BFP as I don't think it would have had time to work. X

Thanks again hotpinkangel and good luck with your up and coming birth :happydance: sometimes i think im ttc too early after mmc scared if i get BFP too early it'll happen again, but dont want to wait months then ttc :dohh: frustrating x

Poppy I've had to wait and it's a right pain knowing that you are ready to try again. I'm only just trying again officially (sick of waiting for the final bloodwork to come back) but I'm just going to enjoy it. Not sure about taking aspirin as I asked when I was last pregnant and was told I didn't need to take it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->