When to tell hubby you MIGHT be pregnant?

leoshe

Reaction score
Ok, so this long....

I have ovulated maybe 2-3 times since going of bc in December of 2013. I charted for just over a year, but as nearly ever cycle was anovulatory, I gave up and we have become sloppy. Hence the NTNP.

I went off bc not to get pregnant, but because I started to have really bad side effects. I LOVE not being on it, but now here I sit at possibly 8dpo and a bit conflicted. I swear for the past week I have had every symptom in the book - I fully realize that it may just be my body reacting to actually having ovulating, but here is what I've had thus far:

Super sore/sensitive nipples, which after 6 days switched to complete sore breasts. They have also been really "full" and heavy for about a week as well (I'm a solid 30FF to begin with )

Achy back and hips

Wake up with scratchy throat

I have barely slept and and have been waking up 1-2 each night to pee (I am a very solid sleeper, and rarely wake in the middle of the night)

Having charted for over a year, my temps barely ever rose about 97.45, however, it usually stayed closer to high 96's and low 97's. The past 4 days I have temped with my first wake up each night, just for the hell of it. 97.9, 97.9, 97.9, 98.19, 97.9 (mind you these time frames were as such: 3:30am, 4:30am, 5am, 2:30am). I know that means they aren't super reliable, BUT I am never that hot.

I have been having hot flashes, headaches, chapped lips, frequent urination, and have I mentioned how much by boobs hurt?!

In addition, my cervix has remained high (varying in texture throughout the day) and my cm has gone from wet to now being sticky, stringing and white (only there when I internally check).

SOOOOOO, my point.....

DH and I have talked about him getting a vasectomy and today he informed me that he called to make an appointment ( but they need to call him back). I haven't told him I could be pregnant because I didn't want to freak him out for no reason. That said, as we have no children, I would hate for him to get this done before we knew for sure as IF we had a baby, I'm not positive I'd want it to be an only child.

Any suggestions?!?!

Side note, we bd a lot, so even if I am wrong on how far along I am past ovulating, I'm fairly certain we would have bd'd more than once within in our "window".

Honestly?
If you're really worried the sooner the better. I know you don't want to worry him, I have been on the boat before but it's really something you need to talk about immediately.
Just tell him what you just wrote, about the symptoms, being afraid to tell him, and that's it's not definite, you're just worried. And how you would like for him to wait on his procedure because it changes things for you if you are pregnant, and that it will need further discussion.
Then you can go and figure it out together. :)
How would you feel about being pregnant?

Thanks jasminemarie:) I think I just needed to to hear some perspective.

To be honest, if I am, I think I would be happy. Scared. But happy. Maybe its the hormones, but I also believe that things happen fir a reason. Also, I think this is mother natures way of balancing the heart and the head. If i took a test out of the blue with no symptoms and got a bfp, I would panic. But I almost feel like if this is real, its her little way of making me come to terms with it before I know the outcome. Does that make sense?!

This is a scenerio where my heart and head keep flip flopping :) but ultimately, I think my heart would win.

That makes perfect sense! I think this is definitely a sign you gave up too soon! I really hope you get a BFP!

For anyone who may have viewed this, yesterday we (I) took a test and have a faint pink line. BFP

Yay! :) how did the talk go with hubby? How does he feel?
And now you just gotta go get it confirmed!

Thanks. I think we are both in shock. I can't lie, the happiness hasn't hit yet which is frightening. But he has been amazing :)

Thanks. I think we are both in shock. I can't lie, the happiness hasn't hit yet which is frightening. But he has been amazing :)

Well that's great that he's being supportive! Don't worrying, the happiness doesn't always happen right away. Personally I felt nothing but fear and terror (and sickness) for months. And then I got excited, but wasn't long before the fear came back again, sometimes it's a complete roller coaster. But you'll be okay. :)

Vasectomies can be reversed! :) I vote on telling him ASAP.

Sorry! Didn't read the other posts... congrats on your BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->