When to tell Midwife?

FlowerFairy

James, Noah, Saskia, Lumi
Reaction score
I am only 5 weeks Pregnant, but my OH and I are very interested in a Home Birth. Partly because with Noah my waters went at 3am and he was born at 4.56am and I am concerned labour might be even quicker this time!
Also my choices of hospital seem to be Airedale - Which is fine, i had both sons there but it's fairly far away from where I live and Bradford Royal Infirmary which is a hospital I would prefer to avoid.
Do I speak to the MW at my booking in app? Obviously it will depend on the pregnancy but I suppose what I'm asking is did you make your ideal intentions clear at first app

Thanks xx

Oh wheeeeeeeeee Nic fab news!!

You can tell them at booking, you often get asked your intentions so best make them clear from the off.

You didnt have any complications with Noah did you so it shouldn't be an issue!

Oh horray missus! Honestly HB is brill!

Thanks Chuck! I never ever in a million years thought Rick would go for it, but he brought it up when we were talking.
No complications with Noah at all, I think the only thing would be if this baby is a girl because I had congential Hip Displacia and we've been told it's more prevalent in girls? so that might change things but I dont feel like I'll have a girl anyway :rofl:
Eeeeeeek so excited!! x

I told my MW at my first appointment that I wanted a home birth :D

Thanks. I am waiting for a call back to book my appointment. I will talk to her about it then!

CHD shouldnt be considered an issue I have it and both the boys got checked at birth then got a scan on their hips at 8wks old to double check them but it didnt affect labour or delivery at all

Ah thanks. it was a consultant when I was PG with James who said I might need a section then, that's good to know thanks x

With such fast labours and being your 3rd unless there are any complications picked up you're ideal for HB.

Less fuss, no hurrying to get to a hospital, no worries about the other kids, no waiting to get home. Brilliant.

As much as I didnt birth at home I loved my labour at home.

With such fast labours and being your 3rd unless there are any complications picked up you're ideal for HB.

Less fuss, no hurrying to get to a hospital, no worries about the other kids, no waiting to get home. Brilliant.

As much as I didnt birth at home I loved my labour at home.

Thanks! I think OH would prefer not to have to panic about dropping the boys off and he hated waiting around in hospital even tho we got there at 4am and left at 1pm :haha:

Aw :cloud9: congrats, i knew you were TTC for quite a while.

My MW asked at my booking in if id like to have a hospital or home birth. You sound like an ideal candidate for HB! Welcome aboard!

Aw :cloud9: congrats, i knew you were TTC for quite a while.

My MW asked at my booking in if id like to have a hospital or home birth. You sound like an ideal candidate for HB! Welcome aboard!

Thank you. I can't wait for my booking in appointment now!!! :cloud9: x

May is a good time to have a baby, having Stanley in May was FAR better than having Dewi in December lol!

That's what I am hoping!! A spring baby will be lovely as both mine are winter ones!!!!!

Congrats honey!! Ironically Airedale is definitely the worse of the two for normal birth....it's got a pretty shocking rep in the maternity world and BRI are great and quite th pioneers of vbac and normal birth in west Yorkshire. You're community mws will be the ones dealing with your home birth booking if you went ahead and you could transfer to either hospital or Calderdale. Airedale are slowly improving their home birth service which in the past has been cancelled an outragoues number of times. If you are unsure about home I strongly recommend you look at the brith centre at Calderdale too. It's amazing and quick and easy to get to from you (if you are still where you were when I came!)

You can mention yr home birth interest as soon or as late as you like :)

And join us at the calderdale home birth group too!! x

Congrats honey!! Ironically Airedale is definitely the worse of the two for normal birth....it's got a pretty shocking rep in the maternity world and BRI are great and quite th pioneers of vbac and normal birth in west Yorkshire. You're community mws will be the ones dealing with your home birth booking if you went ahead and you could transfer to either hospital or Calderdale. Airedale are slowly improving their home birth service which in the past has been cancelled an outragoues number of times. If you are unsure about home I strongly recommend you look at the brith centre at Calderdale too. It's amazing and quick and easy to get to from you (if you are still where you were when I came!)

You can mention yr home birth interest as soon or as late as you like :)

Thank you! Yeah I am in the same village. We wanted Calderdale instead of Bradford PCT so I would want to chose there if I wasn't able to go ahead with HB,
That's great info thank you. When I get my appointment I will have a chat with the MW about my choices but the more I read on here and talk to OH the more we are wanting to go for the home birth, all being well of course

And you can still transfer in to calderdale from a HB so you would see yur community mws but could have everything else at Calderdale. You have lots of options :)

I've spoken to the MW and they see no reason why a Home Birth isn't possible! Had a dating scan today and all is good and baby is due 4th MAy!
I had a phone call from the consultant MW as my BMI is high ad she wants to do shared care with a consultant as I want the Home Birth. I should see a consultant at 16 weeks and he'll discuss it with me then and the consultant MW will see me at 26 weeks to get things organsied.
Does this sound about right? :flower:

Sounds ok...but you dont have to see a consultant if you dont want hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back