When To Tell?!

ButternutBabe

Reaction score
I just found out and I want to tell everyone already! I know that's silly, i should wait until I know everything is safe, but I'm so excited.

Also I'm looking up adorable announcement photos and I'm close to tears, there is too much cuteness going on.

Did any of you do anything extravagant to announce? I'll probably throw a big party for my friends, but I want to do an adorable photoshoot announcement too.

Aww that's lovely !! Massive congratulations !! Xx I've only told my close family so far but looking at a cute announcement once I've had my first scan :) I've arranged a get together with my friends a couple of days after all being well :) xxxx

With my first I asked at my 11 week appointment and my doctor told me I was probably safe to tell people based on my ultrasound and everything else at my appointment.

I will probably ask the same if I happen to get pregnant this time around. I would suspect anytime after 11 weeks would be safe.

I told a close friend after a few confirmed tests, close family after 8 weeks, work at 12 weeks, and announced on FB at 20 weeks. It's totally up to you!

I've told my sister, she's currently pregnant and due fairly soon. I've family visiting around Valentine's Day so I guess that would be a good time to tell my parents and in laws.

I told a few of my closest friends as soon as I told my husband. :haha:

Family were going to announce around 6 weeks, because Valentines day is like 2 days after I hit 6 weeks and Ive seen way too many cute announcements for Vday.

Everyone else, its going to be a surprise when baby is born.

i've told my DH (obviously, we found out together), and some random friends. we're going to tell our parents after the first ultrasound, OR when i can find the heartbeat on my home doppler, whichever comes first. the rest of the world will know after our 10 week ultrasound.

Thank you for your opinions everyone! I'm so glad I've my sister to talk to about it, if it wasn't for her and this forum I'd be going insane with excitement and worry all at once haha

Congrats!! It's such a hard thing to keep to yourself.
We haven't told anyone yet, but are considering telling our families after our dating scan next week if all is well.
Pinterest has so many cute ideas! :flower:

I have an ultrasound in 3 weeks, so I'll be 12 weeks along and provided everything is okay then, I will announce afterwards! Our close family and friends and my coworkers and boss know (I work with a bunch of nurses and I'm already showing, it's not easy to hide from them). But I'll make it like "Facebook public" after my ultrasound.

I told my family and my BF's family as soon as we knew! Waiting for a while to put it on FB though x

We told in laws and my dad when I found out, we told close family after 12 weeks and a couple of friends.

We're telling everyone else after the 20 week scan as we had complications there with my last pregnancy due to severe abnormalities.

I don't announce in Facebook, I think it's completely up to you. I would just say be aware that the first 12 weeks (well and the anomaly scan as that's what it checks for!) are scary and things can happen - I've had friends announce and then have to go through explaining a loss. Go with whatever you feel comfortable with X

DH was with me when I first took a test so he knew right away. I told my parents shortly after because she babysits the kids while I go to appointments. We had an ultrasound at 7 weeks that revealed a heartbeat so we told the rest of my family and DH's family after that. Facebook will know either after my appointment Feb. 4th when I see if I'll be getting another ultrasound before 20 weeks or when I get my home Doppler and find a heartbeat, whichever comes first.

I tend to wait till 12 weeks because the risk of miscarriage is greatly reduced and you know the baby is there (my friend announced at 8 weeks and found out she had a missed miscarriage at her 12 week scan). We have told 2 close friends.

Told my parents and my partner parents when I found out, told brothers and sisters and really close friends over the 1st trimester and told everyone else couple days after my 12 week scan :)

I didn't do any big announcement I wished I did though maybe with my second in the future as can think of some cute family announcements :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->