When to Test after a Loss???

orourjes

Reaction score
Hi all! I had a natural miscarriage in February at 6w5d. I am ttc again but am so scared to go through the same heartache. I'm torn between wanting to test right after the 2ww, but part of me wants to wait until I've missed my period for a good 4 weeks or so, just so that I don't get myself too excited. What do you guys think, and what do you usually do???

Hi, Im sorry about your miscarriage. Im keen to start trying asap after my miscarriage aswell, but I kind of said to myself that Im not going to test until a whole week or more after a missed period. Sometimes I think its psychological and that if you never offically knew that you were pregnant it may make it easier if you start bleeding and just think its a period. But then again my doctor did say to call as soon as I get a positive test and they will monitor me closely and test my blood HGC and progesterone levels. So maybe you are better knowing straight away and could consult your doctor. Its such a terrifying experience a miscarriage and it puts such fear into you of it happening again.
The midwife at the early pregnancy unit said to me that if I fall pregnant wait until Im 7 weeks along before I even phone them. I guess because miscarriage is so common and also that they cant even see anything on a scan until then. Good luck and I hope you get your deserved BFP x

I was wondering same question x I'm not even sure if or when AF is due so I really don't know when to test. I was thinking about every 3 weeks but then i thought it might make me look a bit obsessive :wacko:

i mc 26/1 at 6.5weeks took hpt 5/3 and got bfp,so id wait 4 weeks and test x

I'm in the same position - AF is technically due today...accept obv after mc I don't really knw what my cycles doing. I don't feel I can test yet coz either I ovulated later than thought in which case it either didn't catch n AF will come later, or it DID but then it'd still b too early to test, n even if the best happened n I AM, just like u I promised myself I'd wait a good while after AF was due to try n save myself the heartache if the worst happened all over again (I know in my heart I'd prob knw it was an MC n not a late period but I couldn't stand more flash backs of that amazing plus sign!!) I know, ultimately, I just have to wait it out but I have no bloody patience!! (n last time I got virtually no preg symptoms apart from late AF so I really don't hav much to go on!)

I'm v interested to c what other ppl decide to do!

Gl to u all xx

im so sorry for your loss babe sive had 3 mc all aorund 13 weeks and i got told to tests 2 weeks after the mcs and to go to gyne if still pos as it measn there is something left inside!!

just wait a few weeks and test babes xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->