When to test, if at all??

Pink Lace

Reaction score
Good morning all!
Here are the bare facts: This is my first cycle off the pill (in about 15 years). I had my last "pill period" June 14--17. I've noticed that when I wiped (just really only after having sex) that I've had some red blood kind of mixed in....this has been in the last week or so. Now, I really don't know what to expect because like I said, this has been my first major cycle off of the birth control pills. If you were me, what would you do? I'm very lost and curious, ha ha! Has this ever happend to anyone else out there? I'd welcome any and all comments/advice, thank you so much!

You could be spotting, which can be completely normal in early pregnancy (definitely get checked out if you are though and are worried)

You can test from the day your period is due or earlier with some tests.

You could be spotting, which can be completely normal in early pregnancy (definitely get checked out if you are though and are worried)

You can test from the day your period is due or earlier with some tests.
Hey Vikkie! Thanks for your response :) I guess I don't know when I COULD test, because on the pill, my periods were like clockwork (guess that makes sense huh?) Now, I'm not sure when to expect it, you know? I guess I will wait it out it some more and just see what happens.....I'm very unsure right now (can you tell?? Ha!) Thanks for your time!!

Just count 28 days from the beginning of your last one and test from that day, if you have a negative, but still no period after a week, try again :)

If your last was June 14th, then technically - on a regular cycle - you'd be late, so worth a shot.

I bled after sex with my first bubba, but didn't yet know i was pregnant with him.

Good luck :)

What were your cycles like before going on the pill?

I'm kind of in the same situation just came off the nuvaring had my last "nuvaring af" on June 29th. I usually had 35-42 day cycles before going on the nuvaring. But because I had 28 day cycles on nuvaring I'm going by that for this cycle just cause I have no idea how long it'll really be.

If your last one was June 14th that would be a 32 day cycle so far. I would say maybe test, if BPN wait a week for af. If she doesn't show test again.

What were your cycles like before going on the pill?

I'm kind of in the same situation just came off the nuvaring had my last "nuvaring af" on June 29th. I usually had 35-42 day cycles before going on the nuvaring. But because I had 28 day cycles on nuvaring I'm going by that for this cycle just cause I have no idea how long it'll really be.

If your last one was June 14th that would be a 32 day cycle so far. I would say maybe test, if BPN wait a week for af. If she doesn't show test again.

Hi there, and thanks for the reply!! To answer you, I honestly cannot remember what my cycles were before the pill....it seems like it's been FOREVER since I've been without. I primarily went on them in the first place for my skin---it was Mononessa, then the generic Mononessa. I guess I'm just confused as to WHEN I would be getting another period, since it's been so long. I'm wondering if the blood when I wipe after sex (sorry for TMI) is related to my body trying to figure itself out? I really am clueless...but I so appreciate your advice, thank you for your time!! I will see what happens for a little bit, then probably test....thanks again!!!

PinkLace, I'm in the EXACT same boat. I also just stopped my bcp after being on it for 15 years and I have no idea if/when I should test because DH and I did not use protection this month. I also have no idea what my cycle was like before the bcp because I was 18, hahaha! I guess I should get my first AF around the 20th or 21st if I count my withdrawl bleed as day #1 but who knows!! I am also wondering when to test!

PinkLace, I'm in the EXACT same boat. I also just stopped my bcp after being on it for 15 years and I have no idea if/when I should test because DH and I did not use protection this month. I also have no idea what my cycle was like before the bcp because I was 18, hahaha! I guess I should get my first AF around the 20th or 21st if I count my withdrawl bleed as day #1 but who knows!! I am also wondering when to test!

Oh inpghttc, I LOVE you. I'm happy there is someone out there who is kind of in the same boat, ha ha :) YES, those are my feelings too! I had my period from June 14--17th, DIDN'T get a withdrawal bleed though. This is my first month without protection whatsoever......I just have been feeling bloated and what with that blood after wiping, well, it's got me wondering! I know I did have some thick CM awhile back---that means ovulation is near or coming, right? Oh have mercy huh???? It's just been interesting to see what my body will do...please keep me updated, I want to know what happens with you!!

Haha! Will do! You do the same. I guess I will just test next week and if I get a BFN, do it again the following week....:)

Haha! Will do! You do the same. I guess I will just test next week and if I get a BFN, do it again the following week....:)

Hi again! Can I ask how you're feeling, if you have any symptoms or anything? Just curious :winkwink: THANKS

Well, I've had some weird symptoms but the problem is that most, if not all, can be effects from stopping birth control too... Here they are anyway...

1. headaches
2. weird fullness feeling in lower abdomen just above my pubic bone (I had this for like 4 days last week and then it went away)
3. increased sex drive
4. wetter than normal during BD
5. one day of brown spotting two weeks after stopping the pill
6. random dizziness
7. sore nipples but bbs otherwise fine
8. blue veins in bbs, but I don't know if they have always been there, haha!

How about you?? :wacko:

Well, I've had some weird symptoms but the problem is that most, if not all, can be effects from stopping birth control too... Here they are anyway...

1. headaches
2. weird fullness feeling in lower abdomen just above my pubic bone (I had this for like 4 days last week and then it went away)
3. increased sex drive
4. wetter than normal during BD
5. one day of brown spotting two weeks after stopping the pill
6. random dizziness
7. sore nipples but bbs otherwise fine
8. blue veins in bbs, but I don't know if they have always been there, haha!

How about you?? :wacko:
Hi again! Hmmmm, well I've had some headaches, the weird fullness feeling in stomach, increased sex drive, but that was just after stopping the pill, kind of dizzy, but not that noticeable, some thick CM too....ha ha ha, I hear you on the blue veins, I'm with you there! I just don't know because like you, the problem is in wondering if this stuff is from STOPPING the pill or if it's actually "something else" , you know? That, along with wondering when/if I've ovulated and when/if I'll actually get a regular period again....ah well. Glad you're in the same boat as me, and thank you for the friend request!!!! Hope you're having a good day :) We have to keep in touch!!

So...just wanted to update you that I have been feeling a little nauseous today and yesterday...now I can't wait to test! I guess you can get that from hormones too though so sigh...who knows!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->