When to test?? What do you think

SaraJewel

Reaction score
Have just started using OPKs this month. Have both Boots own brand (2 lines) and the Clearblue digital. Instructions on both are slightly different about when to test.

Clear Blue Digital says to test at any time of day and some women find it easiest first thing in the morning. Also says not to urinate 4 hours before test.

Boots digital says 10am-8pm, not to use FMU and not to drink a lot 2 hours before testing.

Most things I've read say not to use FMU, so don't understand why the Clear Blue Digital says this is OK! Also, how realistic is it not to urinate 4 hours before a test??!! I can only imagine urinary infections and dehydration!!!!

Ladies, when do you think is the best time to test, and how long do you leave it after last urinating????

Thanks!!!

SJ x x x

I do my OPKs in the afternoon whenever I need to pee so usually between 2-6. I dont drink gallons before it as you dont want your urine too diluted but I havent ever really followed the 4 hour rule. If I need, I go! lol! I use the ICs regularly and on the day that they are positive or almost positive, I use the CB digi to back it up. Once I get that smiley face I dont test again til the next month as it gets pricey lol! Good luck!! xx

I do my OPKs in the afternoon whenever I need to pee so usually between 2-6. I dont drink gallons before it as you dont want your urine too diluted but I havent ever really followed the 4 hour rule. If I need, I go! lol! I use the ICs regularly and on the day that they are positive or almost positive, I use the CB digi to back it up. Once I get that smiley face I dont test again til the next month as it gets pricey lol! Good luck!! xx

Thanks! Was thinking noone would answer.

Got a dark line yesterday, not quite as dark as the control tho. But then tested again today and it's light and no more fertile signs so am guessing that was the surge!

Didn't get much response back from my question, so e-mailed the docs at Clearblue instead. This is about when to use the Clearblue digital OPK.

I asked if it would be better first thing using FMU or at 5pm. I mentioned that my 5pm urine is pale as I find it hard to restrict fluid through the afternoon. My only options for testing is at these times.

This is their answer:

Hello, I would say morning. The LH surge occurs at around the 14th or 16 th day or so after the first day of bleed of your last period. It isn't an exact timing thing. You do need concentrated urine as you say so having been asleep all night and then using the first urine in the morning should give you the best chance of accurately picking up your surge.

Thought this might help others using the Clearblue digital OPK. This month used Boots OPK and had a strong line on one day but didn't get a dark enough line at any point to say I had a positive test.

SJ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->