When to test?

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I think I'm in the two week wait?

DS is 1 years old, just now slowly weaning from breastfeeding and have been feeling like I've been ovulating for months, but just started a new relationship and had sex for the first time since giving birth on May 9th. Since then I've been feeling three things that have me wondering if I could actually be pregnant:

1. Constipation, out of the blue, not usual for me. Also back when I used to get my period I always had the opposite problem.

2. Cramping, comes and goes in waves. Feels very similar to the cramping I had with DS, it feels like period is about to start and then the cramping goes away, then comes back, then goes away, etc.

3. Hunger/not wanting to eat. I just found myself standing in front of the open fridge having eaten an entire bag of cheesy puffs mindlessly.

Problem is, I don't know when my "cycle" starts or ends as I haven't had a postpartum period yet. Just wait 5-6 weeks from May 9th to test? So middle of June? Also, does it sound like I could be pregnant, any moms in here get pregnant when weaning baby from breastfeeding?

I'm a subscriber to if you are having symptoms caused by pregnancy and not something else, you can test.

American pregnancy says test 19 days after intercourse for am accurate result. My gyn said if you're testing neg after 3 weeks from sex then you're not pregnant. Usually. So maybe stalk up on cheapies?

I agree with Dobby. If you have pregnancy symptoms your HCG levels should be high enough to test positive on a test. When in doubt test! That's my motto :)

Hi skywalker!! I remember you from when pregnant with dd.. hope all is well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->