• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When to test?

bsucards

Reaction score
So I've been googling and can't really find a good answer to my question. My cycles are kind of wacky ranging anywhere between 22 and 26 days in between periods. My last period started on April 2, and according to a few calendars I could have ovulated anywhere between the 14th and the 17th. BF and I had sex numerous times throughout those days. Basically my question is -- when is the best time for me to take a pregnancy test? I don't really have the money to go buy a bunch of tests so I'd like to try to keep my costs low and not have to buy a bunch of them. Like I said earlier my cycle is very wacky and I can't really predict when AF is supposed to come. Any help you ladies could give me would be very much appreciated! :)

Wait until CD27, assume you're late, and then test. Testing after you've missed your period is the best way to avoid spending too much money on pregnancy tests.

Whatever you do, don't buy a blue dye pregnancy test. It might save you a few dollars, but blue dye tests give false positives most of the time. They are not reliable. Instead, buy a pink dye test like First Response. Or you can buy pregnancy tests at the Dollar Store. They are actually very sensitive and very accurate. And they're only $1 each.

You should also invest in a basal thermometer. If you take your temperature every morning, you can pinpoint when you ovulate and how long your luteal phases are (they're usually the same every cycle, so if you know when you ovulate and you know how long your LP should be, you'll know exactly when you should expect your period, and thus when to test)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->