When to try again???

prschmalz

Reaction score
Hi, I had a miscarriage just over 2 weeks ago. I went to my doctor for a follow up appointment and everything seems to be fine (miscarried naturally). I asked her when my husband and I could try again and she said to wait a couple of months or longer but basically implied whenever I'm ready. My husband and I really want to try after I get my next period but I don't want to risk having another miscarriage. I'm so torn on what to do. I really miss being pregnant :( Does anyone have any advice???

Firstly sorry for your loss.I have had a mmc. I still have not had my D and C so im still waiting. But im going to try again straight away. I still feel pregnant at now and hate feeling like this when i know my baby is gone. I want a baby more than anything so i dont think i could wait, will jus have to pray that this time everything will be ok. Iv saw few ladies over in first tri that got pregnant straight after a mmc. Hope all goes well for you.xx

Thanks! I'm sorry for your loss as well. I know what it's like to still feel pregnant when you know you're going to miscarry. It's the worst feeling. It took me 2 weeks to miscarry after they figured out something was wrong. Hang in there and I hope everything goes well for you too.

My baby grew wings 5 weeks ago and found out 2 weeks ago. Still nothing. Litlle bleeding but no clots or anything. Hopefully in another week it will be all over and i can prepare to start again. Have you decided when to try again. My husband is a great believer in it will happen if its meant to be, its all part of god's plan. I told him i dont like god's plan. Loosing a baby that you want so much is heartbreaking, especially when there are people out there who have no problems having children and then abuse and hurt them. Cruel world.

So sorry about your loss. It's weird how some Dr's recommend waiting 1 month, others 3 months and others give the OK to start trying right away?? They prefer you have at least 1-2 normal cycles so an accurate due date can be made from your LMP but I've done a lot of reading and it seems there's no medical reason to wait after a natural m/c. I'm just too anxious to wait lol.. I had an early loss last month and I'm hoping the increased fertility after a m/c will have me [and everyone else trying] KU again very soon!!! Good luck hun :winkwink:

Apparently, there is no medical reason why you need you wait any longer than a month - this was confirmed by both the doctor who did my ERPC and my GP. Especially as you've had a natural miscarriage with no problems. They sometimes say 3 months more to give you time to heal emotionally. It's whenever you feel ready :) Good luck! xx

I haven't planned when we will start again. I am anxious to start next month. My gut is telling me too but I keep hearing I should wait 2 cycles. I think I'm emotionally ready. The hardest part, I found, to deal with is the physical feeling of loss. For 3 weeks I felt empty after the pregnancy symptoms stopped. I truly miss being pregnant. Sarah - I'm very sorry you ahd to go through this. It sure can be a cruel world sometimes. Thanks for the advice ladies. I appreciate it :)

Hiya. Sorry for your loss, I lost my baby at 20weeks and wanted to try again straight away and was told there was no medical reason why I couldn't but that it's recommended that you wait til you've had 2 periods so they can work out how far gone you are roughly. In the end I waited 6 months before trying again and fell pregnant in first month (good luck or what). I waited untill I thought I was emotionally ready but when I found out I was pregnant I had feelings of guilt, like I was replacing my son and for ages I couldn't feel completely happy about being pregnant, although I loved my baby I just wanted my first back.

Good luck to you TTC. Only advice I will give because of what I went through is make sure you are 100% emotionally ready and don't really bother listening to that whole wait a certain amount of months thing. You'll find out how far gone you are at your first scan anyway and only you and your partner will know when to try again it's not for anyone else to decide.

Hi, I had a miscarriage just over 2 weeks ago. I went to my doctor for a follow up appointment and everything seems to be fine (miscarried naturally). I asked her when my husband and I could try again and she said to wait a couple of months or longer but basically implied whenever I'm ready. My husband and I really want to try after I get my next period but I don't want to risk having another miscarriage. I'm so torn on what to do. I really miss being pregnant :( Does anyone have any advice???

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a mmc on 7/6 and I wanted until the bleeding stopped before we were :sex: again even though my dr wanted me to wait. She didn't give me a timeframe either. Everything that I've read and heard is different but nothing that I've seen says that you are at greater risk for another mc. They say that your chances of conceiving within the next six months are really high.

Good luck to you and as long as you are at peace with what you decide I think you'll be just fine. :hugs:

I read that too that your chances of conceiving within the next six months are really high. My doctor made me feel less scared to try again when she told me that the chances of this happening again are really slim. I know when I'm pregnant again I will feel anxious about miscarrying again. Nothing I can do to help that but keep myself busy. I'm going to wait for my next period and then we are going to try again! Finger crossed!

I would agree that it is highly recommended to wait at least 3 months before trying again after a miscarriage. The reason for this is more on the emotional aspect of the woman. You are being given enough time to be healed emotionally after a loss. Depression and stress could be very detrimental and would highly cause again another mc, so it would be much better to be well-prepared prior of trying again. Also, stay healthy and you may have diversions for the following months and consider another pregnancy when you are restored to physical and reproductive health. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->