When & why to give water (puree weaning)

Marleysgirl

Mum to a SCBU Warrior!
Reaction score
I occasionally read of babies being given water to drink as part of the weaning process, and I'm confused as to why / when to give this.

Andrew is still taking the same amount of milk as before we weaned. He's currently on one puree meal after a milk feed (afternoon tea) and I'm thinking of introducing breakfast after his early morning milk.

Is water in addition to all the milk, or is it intended to keep his liquid intake up if he should start taking less milk? Can anyone help me understand this?

Its just so they can have a drink after they have eaten, Izzy always takes some water afterwards, in case they are thirsty.
It is also to get them used to drinking water - becuase when they are old enough and fully weaned they wont drink milk , they will drink water from a beaker.

and also to help with bowel movement ofcourse now that he is on solids you dont want him constipated and as well milk at times doesn't quench thirst-especially after a meal.

I give Myles a small amount of water in a sippy cup with his meals, just to help it go down really :)

I give Cameron water in a sippy cup with all his 'solid' meals. I also keep it around all day and see if he wants it once in a while. It's very dry where we live, so I'm sure he gets thirsty like we do. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->