When will baby come?!

musicmomma

Reaction score
I know I'm only about 38 weeks but I am already feeling like another induction will have to take place. My daughter was 41 +1 when I was induced. This baby just seems to be so happy in there! I have no pain or contractions and I'm only a finger tip dilated, which means NOTHING. Doctor said that my cervix is soft but thats about it. Baby is low, but not all the way. Ugh I just want to go into labor naturally so bad because I hate the thought of having to be induced again.

Anyone else feel like baby is going to stay for a while longer?!

You're only 37 weeks along Hun so could be a bit yet xxx

Aw don't worry you still have time before due date :) Good luck x

I'm 5 days overdue now and I have a feeling they are going to have to induce me... My little girl is just too comfy... Too bad I'm not hehe

Normal pregnancy can last up to 42 weeks. So if you dont want to be induced then dont and get fetal monitoring instead (or do nothing, whichever your confirtable w). I know it can be high pressure for induction from Pennsylvania OBs (im orginally from there, thats how i know) but its totally worth it, outside of true medical issues (being 41 weeks isnt a medical issue in and of itself). But to answer your original question, unfortunatly no one can know. Some women have zero signs then all of a sudden they r in labor. Some have every sign and then go far over due. Its really a toss up,but generslly speaking the second time around you dont go as far as the first however there are many variables to when labor occurs so that isnt true for everyone, but statistically youd go earlier than you first, hypoetically. Personally, i went 41+5 with DS1 and 38+3 with DS2, so ya never know

Hopefully baby will come on their own :) however, I do think that I'll have to be induced..

I sit at 39w5days. Been in early labor for 4.5 weeks now (prodromal labor they call it). It has NOT been a walk in the park. Many women go into labor without any warning signs and go from 0-1cm to 10cm in no time...so there's still hope!!

My story goes like this..
35 week appt...1cm dilated; lost plug; had the telltale signs of labor
36 week appt...2cm dilated; 70% effaced...continuous start/stop labor contractions
37 week appt...2.5cm dilated; 80% effaced....continuous start/stop labor contractions
38 week appt...3.5cm dilated; 90% effaced (see a pattern?)
39 week appt...3.5cm dilated; 100% effaced...continuous start/stop labor contractions + my face broke out with 5 pimples + emotional

I've tried walking, bouncing, DTD, pineapple, raspberries....won't go near castor oil.

Signs or no signs, I guess our bodies do their thing when they're ready! It is VERY frustrating, and I don't necessarily know that there is an "ideal" for anyone. In my case, active labor should be short thanks to my long suffering the past 4.5 weeks (and hopefully not too much more). I guess every situation has its pros and cons. Just wish someone could tell us the magic answer to our question: WHEN WILL THIS BABY COME OUT?!!!

. Personally, i went 41+5 with DS1 and 38+3 with DS2, so ya never know

Thanks for sharing. I'm not even close to the big day, but already feel like I will go over and end up being induced again, just because that's how it went with my first. I was 41+3 and had to be induced as fluid got too low. I really hope I go into labor on my own, but feel doomed to go a week or two over again. Thanks for sharing about your two boys, gives hope that you never know what may happen.

Sophie was 10 days late, but labour started naturally. I'm not sure if I'd want to be induced any earlier than 42 weeks!

If you don't want to be induced, just say no :)

. Personally, i went 41+5 with DS1 and 38+3 with DS2, so ya never know

Thanks for sharing. I'm not even close to the big day, but already feel like I will go over and end up being induced again, just because that's how it went with my first. I was 41+3 and had to be induced as fluid got too low. I really hope I go into labor on my own, but feel doomed to go a week or two over again. Thanks for sharing about your two boys, gives hope that you never know what may happen.

No problem hon :friends: I remember how it felt wondering each time so that's why I like to share that. I had just planned on going 42 weeks second time around for the sake if my sanity, I was convinced that would be the case so imagine my shock when my water broke as I roller over upon waking up the morning of 38+2 :haha: This time I have nooooo clue on what to expect...these baby's will certainly keep you guessing! I think I'll just plan the overdue baby again and then maybe I'll be happily surprised :lol:

Yes they do keep us guessing! But I'm glad things can be completely different in subsequent pregnancies. I worked all the way up to my induction day, and it was SO annoying everyday to hear " you're still here?" " you're still pregnant" and to have everyone tell you how to get labor going when you've tried them all a thousand times. I think that's the worst part. So I'm just figuring on going a week or two past due date and will be pleasantly surprised ( as you were ) if anything happens sooner! Again, thanks for sharing your story. Good luck with your third! :)

Oh and I have learned my lesson from the first time too. This time when people ask when I'm due, I say the end of June, instead of saying June 17 th. that will save my sanity if and when I do go 1-2 wks over, I won't be haggled everyday about it! :)

Oh and I have learned my lesson from the first time too. This time when people ask when I'm due, I say the end of June, instead of saying June 17 th. that will save my sanity if and when I do go 1-2 wks over, I won't be haggled everyday about it! :)

Thats pretty much what i did with DS2, sort of. We just flat out told some ppl that we wern't sharing the due date and they can guess when im due lol but if someone was really pushy about it then we would lie and give them a due date of March 15th (i was due February 23rd, so that was plenty of time :lol:) it actually worked really well. Like you i anytime i was beyond the very EDD with DS1 i would hear it all "wheres the baby", "when are you getting induced" (that one really upset me bc i didn't want to be induced), and so on. But bc of what we did with the EDD with DS2, we never ever heard it bc ppl had no clue, and if they did it was well beyond a month past my EDD. It worked like a charm, of course i went early with him, but no one ever asked me about his arrival so it was nice. And i think it took the pressure off to go into labor, so to speak.

I'm the same in the way that I feel like baby isn't ever going to get a move on by herself. I've had no back pain, no Brixton hicks, no period pains, nothing. I'm thinking that she's just too comfy in there...

I know what you mean, you feel like its never going to happen. But try to relax, you're still fairly early on so there's plenty of time. And apparently relaxation is something that can help things along... :) just try to stay chilled out! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->