when will/did you wean???????

B

bbkf

When did you wean? Or when do you plan to wean? Also my LO used to have 1 bottle a night now can have up to 5!! Is this a sign she needs food? Her doctor has said She's not allowed hungry baby milk so that's not an option.

Also what type of weaning will you do? And if T/W how will you do it like just rice for a week then puree veg like how quickly do you progress from plain rice to proper food?

Lots of questions!! I'd love to hear everyones weaning experiences/plans

I started BLW at 6 months. It worked out really well for us and we all enjoy mealtimes. I found it a very easy method of weaning.

Having more night feeds is more likely to be a growth spurt rather than a sign you should wean. Milk has more calories in it anyway. Signs that they are ready to wean include being able to sit unaided, losing the tongue thrust reflex and being able to put things in their mouths. Personally I wouldn't wean before 6 months unless medically necessary as their gut isn't developed enough before then.

6 months with traditional weaning. We started with rice cereal then moved up to purees and thickened it up as she got older. I stopped the rice cereal and now use regular oatmeal. Rice cereal has no benefits to it whatsoever. Good luck.

4 months traditional weaning . She has two spoon feeds a day now and 4 6oz bottles . Non at night

We started weaning at 4 months.
We started once a day with baby rice then moved onto porridge, he now has porridge twice a day. Haven't tried any purees because i dont want to aggrevate his reflux, atm with porridge it seems to have settled *touch wood*
At 6 months i'll start giving him what we're eating at our mealtimes aswell as his porridge and formula at the normal times, then gradually as he eats more i'll reduce the porridge so he's only eating what we're eating :thumbup:
Logan was sitting unaided from 3 months, has lost his tongue thrust reflex and has great hand eye co-ordination so no doubt in my mind that he's more then ready :thumbup:

I tried LO with a spoonful of rusk/baby rice once every week from 4 months, she didnt start opening her mouth for it until she was 5 months and 3 weeks so I took that she was ready for weaning if she was opening her mouth for it and started weaning properly from that point. LO was not an easy baby to understand her cues she would feed little and often, sometimes 2oz every hour.
We did a mix of traditional weaning and finger foods with LO.

We waited until 6 months and have done blw.
I TW'd my 3 boys who are now 23, 14 and 11, I can genuinely say that blw has been fantastic, and I much prefer it to TW, its a pleasure to share meal times as a family with DD, she loves food, there's no stress, no stress about making purees, just one very happy little girl x

My first daughter we started TW at 5months and onto more BLW at 6 months I will do the same with my 2nd :)

LO is 4.5 months, I'm going to wait another 1.5 months. His pedeatrician told me I could start at 5 months if I wanted with veggie purrees, but I'm going to do BLW.

Il start BLW at 6 months. Weaning is boring and time consuming and il hold off for as long as poss!

We weaned at six months but she's JUST NOW starting to eat more at eight months. We BLW.

We are waiting til 6 months. Theres just no reason to do it any sooner and I don't want to have him start something his body isn't ready for. I'm going to do traditional weaning. Pretty excited though!

We are going to do blw at 6 months give or take a couple of weeks depending on whether she's showing the signs of being ready or not. For example if she steals something off my plate and eats it at 5.5 months then we will start from that point onwards but if not then we will just start offering things at 6 months and let her decide whether she wants to eat it or not.

Waking at night for milk isn't a sign of being ready for food, how old is your LO? It could just be a growth spurt.

We started weaning at 5 1/2 months at their doctor's recommendation. We did TW and use/d a lot of Ella's Kitchen and Plum baby food. We avoided anything with rice in it and still try to. They are now on 3 solid meals a day and usually start the day with porridge and fruit puree. :)

4 months with traditional wean. Started with rice cereal he didn't like it, moved to oatmeal he seemed to like it more, and then moved to fruits and veggies. He now eats 3 meals a day, and has some finger foods. Doesn't like the finger foods as much but is starting to get used to them.

We started tw at 4 months. Week 1 baby rice, week 2 pear, week 3 carrot. Lo took to it straight away so we then introduced food a little quicker. We introduced finger food at 23 weeks on his cue and now at 7 months old he eats anything & everything!!

At dinner he has the same as us cut up small or mashed a little with a fork and we give him what we can as finger food. He'll also successfully feed himself a with a pre loaded spoon.

Tw is quite time consuming to start with making all the purees but for us it was worth the hard work as he eats so well now.

We started at 5 months with tw. Switched to purely finger foods at 5.5 months as she refused to be spoon fed. Now she has a combination of both spoon feeding and finger foods. She is on 3 meals a day x

Planning on doing BLW when Anabella turns 6 months. So far, she has shown us no signs she is ready for food (even though she is a big baby). She watches intently while we eat, but makes no effort to grab food from us or anything.

Although I am excited to start next month, on the other hand I am enjoying the milk only phase. There will never be a time again when she will thrive on milk alone and I will be sad to see this stage pass I think.

Therefore I am more than happy to wait until 6 months. Of course it is the recommended guidelines as well, so no need to start beforehand.

BLW with first. Waited until he showed all the signs of being ready, so about 7-8 months. Will likely do the same this time around, whenever he shows all the signs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->