when will i ovulate after d and c?

nicb26

Reaction score
My HPTs are getting fainter by the day (had a d and c over a week ago). i was just wondering, once the hpts turn negative, how long after can i expect to ovulate? i know it'll be different from person to person, but if anyone could give me a rough idea that'd be great.

thanks xx

Sorry hon - I don't know the answer...I didn't do HPTs or OPKs the month after my miscarriage because I didn't want to think about that stuff...too upsetting...I just sort of waited for my first cycle and got it back 4 weeks after my miscarriage. The earliest you can ovulate is probably about 2 weeks after your DandC but it might be later because of the trauma that our bodies went through and also all the hormonal fluctuations.

No worries hon! Sorry I didn't have a better answer for you. Just keep track by your HPTs and OPKs and if you temp etc. to get an idea if and when you ovulate. GOOD LUCK and I hope it's soon!

most of the time you will o abt two weeks (or however long it usualy takes YOUR body to O after af) after the hcg is gone from your system.
I wish it were better news but thats been my experience

Hey there, it took me three weeks (last Friday) to get my first BFN, I have now taken to doing OPKs and as yet no luck. I am now starting to think that maybe I am not going to ovulate this month, but will have my fingers crossed that it is right around the corner,

Sorry i cant be more help - but good luck!!

Sxx

after my dnc my test was neg the very next day :? so keep doing ur hpt till there neg then start on the opk, sry for ur loss x

thanks everyone. hpt still positive grr!

ps. never thought i'd actually be wishing for a bfn!!! :(

I posted this on your other thread, but my doctor told me that after having a baby, most non-breastfeeding women will ovulate 26 days after birth. Now, with a D&C it is different obviously, he said, and I have heard elsewhere, that some women don't ovulate until their first cycle. I haven't been able to find any concrete evidence confirming one way or another. I think it is dependant upon the woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->