When will it stop.....when..when?!!!!

Dolly.

Mummy & pregnant
Reaction score
Yes ladies I'm talking about my baby boy's waking through the night!!
He is 8.5 months now and still wakes around 2-5 times a night (I say night, I mean from 3am till 7am....this window of time seems to be very restless for him)
I don't think it has anything to do with teething

When will he sleep through, I'm sooooooo tired!!!!!!!

No idea, I'm at nine and a half months and still up three or four times a night :(

LO is 9 months old she she still wakes up at least once during the night. It's getting better, cause she used to wake up every hour, but it will eventually get better. :hugs: It's just taking a little longer for him.

It seems like there's no light at the end of the tunnel......it's going to be like this forever and ever :shock:

Aiden still wakes no end angel too think some are just BAD sleepers aiden def is xxx

He's gone down tonight in the cot with no fussing for the first time in months, and so far has stayed asleep almost two hours so I'm hoping he's starting to sleep a bit deeper and go a bit longer, he's usually been awake at least twice by now :(

Sam started sleeping through the night when Dylan was a month old, so 19 months old :(

It will happen eventually honest! But there are tough teething times ahead and that can really mess with an already poor sleeper I'm afraid.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel... it's just very faint for a while!! :hugs:

Tristy has 4 teeth so far, the top have been a tad more irritating for him than the bottom.......but he was bad before he got any teeth too......guess theres just so much going on in their little bodies

I am not as far ahead as you, we are 7 months in and I am wondering the same thing. His sleep is getting worse instead of better :(

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm sorry I dont have any advice hun. You must be shattered.

xxx

My son was still waking for a bottle from 6-10 months then he started teething bad and has only started sleeping through the nights at 1 years old.xx

https://www.webmd.com/parenting/guide/sleep-children
According to webmd babies need 14-15hrs of sleep per day. Can you cut back on nap times to encourage night time sleeping?

My daughter sleeps 10-12hrs straight each night and then takes 3-4hrs in naps (2 naps). She is 6months old.

It just seems like if your baby is only getting 6hrs of combined sleep each night - due to waking up - that he/she must be sleeping longer throughout the day.

Also, consider the environment of your baby's room. Perhaps it's not dark enough? Too noisy? Too quiet? Are there toys in his/her crib that would distract him/her? Or perhaps adding a small toy would give him/her something to quietly play with when waking up.

If you are still doing any feeding at night certainly cut those feeds out. Baby needs to learn to get through the night without food. Night time is sleep time not eat or play time.

The light in the room is a good point....I guess around the time he is difficult to get back off is when it is starting to lighten in his room and he only has cream linen curtains so it does lighten the room a bit. We move to a new house enxt week and will have blinds in his room so will block out all light so will see if that makes a difference.

I'd say he has about 2-4 hours of sleep in the daytime usually from 2 naps...and I'd say in total through the night between waking up he gets generally 10 hours sleep, he just wakes often from 3/4-7, can usually get him back off with 15 mins until about 5am then it gets tricky.

around 7.30 x

I was putting my Daughter to bed at 7.30pm ish (same time as DS2)....:sleep:

She kept waking at 4am (I know thats longer than your LO sleeps, im lucky I know) But I spoke to health visitor, as she had previously been sleeping through until 7am

She suggested putting her to bed earlier ~ I was not sure about that at all ~ Thought she would just wake at 3am instead! :dohh:

But....Im sooooo pleased to say it worked :happydance: She sleeps from 6.30pm until 6.30am now :happydance:

Worth a try? :shrug: Good luck :hugs:

thanks hun a friend told me something similar, I tried it one night and it didn't work but I guess it's worth trying with it again and trying to stick it out longer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->