When would be best to book early scan?

Leamarasmall

Reaction score
Hey ladies I'm only 5 weeks at the moment possibly only 4 I think I ovulated late, I really want to book an early scan to see baby's heartbeat and for peace of mind, when would be the best time to book to have a good chance of seeing everything? Xx

From my experience I would wait til you know you are 7 weeks. My dr would have let me go in any time, but I waited til 7 weeks because early scans caused me a lot of anxiety last time. I had gone in at 5+4 last time, thinking I would see a heart beat, and the sac was completely empty. They weren't sure if my dates were off (I knew they were not because I chart) or if things just weren't developing. I had to wait a week and at 6+4 there was a heartbeat, but baby was a week behind. Finally at 7+4 all was caught up and on target! This time I waited til 7+1 and baby was a day behind, but that is within the margin of error and doesn't really mean anything. So just from my experience I would say 7 weeks!!

I would say 7+ weeks. I had one at 8+3 weeks and saw a jellybean shaped baby and flicking heartbeat.

7-8 weeks!! I had a early scan due to previous ectopic! Everything in right place but told i was a week behind so only sac n yolk sac seen! Which is causing me great concern even though logically i know that's right for the time scale... Honestly i wouldn't advise early scans unless recurring mc / ectopic etc... The worry is just not worth it! Xx

Thank you everyone I shall wait till I'm 8 weeks and hopefully if I'm behind I'll be at least 7 weeks :) I had a mc in 2011 but went on to have my daughter last year so in a way I'm a bit concerned because of the mc in the past but not as bad as I was with my last pregnancy with my daughter, I guess in these early weeks it just drags I really can't wait to see our little one xx

I know many you can't book before 7 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->