When you feel nausea, do you "let yourself" get sick?

J

jerseyshoregirl

Hi everyone!

To no surprise, I have been feeling quite a lot of m/s, but I have managed to "hold it in" per se. I know that if I leaned over the porcelain goddess, I'd have no choice but to get sick... but instead of "letting go", I try to distract myself until it passes. This can sometimes be quite a while. :dohh:

I was wondering if I should just be letting my body do what it wants to...or do I continue with the status quo.

Thanks!!!
JM

Interesting question i was wondering that myself when i had to rush outside for some deep breaths of air! i'm holding it off too!!

A difficult one. I am the same as you......whats worse is every time I feel sick I make myself eat something! It seems to help........well its working at the minute anyway!I don't know if thats the right or wrong thing to do! Due to the advice of eating little and often, I have broken up my normal breakfast (cereal and 2 bits of toast or crumpets) over the morning.....so when I first get up I have cereal......,then about an hour later I have a crumpet, then at around 10.30 I have another crumpet. This seems to be working ok so far....but who knows, I don;t know what else M/s has is store for me round the corner! Hope you are ok !:hugs:

Aww sorry guys i dont get it...i feel sickey sometimes but thats about it,
Hope someone can help

(i will say tho if i am ill i hate being sick because that makes me want to be more sick if you know what i mean.....some people say better out than in.....i fight it lol)

i seem to be able to breath through it!! but this eve was diff i defo couldnt hold back t was a huuuuge wave!!!! lol xxx

I find myself swallowing a lot and doing my best to hold it in - it must be better than saying goodbye to the healthy food you've eaten.

When i had m/s i only got sick once, but felt extremely sick for a few weeks. It helped when i kept eating, just little things like crackers or toast, but that one day that i was sick, although it was awful being sick i felt so much better after.

Seriously, if you need to be sick be sick, don't stop yourself !

Oh gosh! You guys just gave me a good laugh! :rofl:I don't feel so silly asking the question anymore :dance:

I try and distract myself too and hold it back cos I hate throwing up,it stings my throat,up my nose the lot.YUK.
And brushing my teeth really sets me off...LOL

I was thinking this 2! I have to stop myself... I even end up heeving!I really dont want to be sick as I hate it although I haven't been sick with alcohol for some years!:rofl:

I absolutely hold it off, I hate being sick so I try to breathe through it, and once the wave passes, like other ladies said about eating little bits, I try to eat some crackers or toast. That's pretty much what I did yesterday morning lol looooots of breathing! :)

I find that after I'm sick the nausea passes for a while, so sometimes I just let myself bring it all up... :(

if i can hold it in i do but sometimes theres no stopping it! :)

I held off too when I had ms in the earlier weeks(6-10) but occasionally I just couldnt and it would last all day. Then when I hit 10 weeks I woke up in the morning and just had to run to the loo everymorning....after it was all out I was fine the rest of the day. Well that was until today when I have been sick since I got up for work at 6am so much so I couldnt get myself dressed never mind to work.

Emma.xx

I have vomitted a handful of times and each time I feel 10 times better afterwards. I think the important thing is to make sure you replace the food you lost and also take care of your teeth by gargling with water and bi-card soda to get neutralise the stomach acid and avoid acid wear on your teeth.

If it makes you feel better then let it go I say, but I do try and keep it in but sometimes I just can't, especially when I start burping and there is heaps of saliva in my throat I know I am going to chuck.

I think a lot of it is "mind over matter". If I feel sick and think I'm going to be sick, I will be sick, no matter what time of day it is. Sometimes it can catch me when I'm out and about - especially if I'm walking - and I have to breathe deeply and hum or sing to distract myself from that horrid feeling. Morning sickness has become part of my daily routine - I carry a carrier bag around with me all the time just in case, however, eating crackers is the one thing I have reverted to again and again as its the ONLY thing that makes me feel better!

90% of the time i can eat soemthing and itll go but if i dont eat soon enough it gets to the point where i start gagging. At that point i just let myself go. I feel much better afterwards.

I usually try and eat bwefore i get that bad though.

i dont have that option, i cant hold it in...it just comes out....:(

I don't feel nauseous very often, maybe like 1 a week. But when I do, I hold it back. I make my OH run and get me a glass of super cold water and I take just a sip and feel much better.

I used to feel sick all day every day for 3 months. I found things like weetabix, rich tea biscuits, and esp fruit really helped, the trick is to eat little and often, say every 2 hours, sometimes the sickness gets overwhelming. Its important to stick to foods that you like, even complan is great too. Sometimes I would throw up out the blue, usually with strong smells, or just swallowing a tablet, a slight cough would make me heave up. If your body has to go with it, just go with it, but I suppose when you are doing it regular best to speak to your doc or midwife about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->