When you first started TTC...

AllMacsNow

Surprise! Preggo!
Reaction score
How did you keep from blurting it out to everyone you talked to?

It's all I can think about, so when I'm having a conversation and someone says "so what else is new?", I've about blown it 3 or 4 times already, and that's just in the last 2 weeks.

Gonna be a long haul, lol.

I wasn't sure I wanted #2 until I found myself pregnant (oops!) and miscarried a few days later. I prefer to keep it to myself, so that's the main reason I'm here. My poor hubby cannot possibly be the only one listening to me talk about CM, OPKs, etc. :D

We are TTC our first and it will be the first biological grandchild for both my mother and DH's mother so the pressure is there, but I realllly want to surprise them big time! I have been dying to tell somebody, I suck at keeping secrets, I broke down last night and told a good friend!!! I want to talk to everybody about it, but I restrain myself. The hardest thing is refusing certain "goodies" when out with friends. Trying to skirt the reason that I'm not drinking is incredibly difficult. I just blame it on the last time I drank and got super, super sick and swore off drinking. This excuse won't last long though. All of DH's coworkers are egging him on too. They always ask if I am pregnant or if we are trying yet. His coworkers daughter even made DH rub her bump for good luck! HA!!! Baby and bump has helped me get all my secret telling out!!

I told some of my friend i was gonna start trying. The only people who know i am TTC now are my friend who is trying for a 2nd, my mum. As long das my MIL doesn't know i don't care who does ! Lol. She would put too much pressure on us cos she can't wait to have grandchildren ! More i think about people's face when i tell them i am pg, less i want to tell anybody i am TTC. :happydance:

I stupidly told quite a few people we were ttc, now all i get is 'pregnant yet' We have been TTC for over a year and it really gets me when people constantly question me so iv been telling people we arent trying anymore so they shut up! Just try and fight the urge to tell people, well make it more special and suprising when you can tell people you are pregnant!!x

I wasn't sure I wanted #2 until I found myself pregnant (oops!) and miscarried a few days later. I prefer to keep it to myself, so that's the main reason I'm here. My poor hubby cannot possibly be the only one listening to me talk about CM, OPKs, etc. :D

This is me exactly. I thought 1 and done. when I fell pregnant unexpectedly in Jan of this year, on BCP mind you. I was devestated. Then more so when I found out it was an ectopic. Once I had the surgery, I waited to get full periods back and became preggo in late May.

I am keeping it quite, for now, besides my internet people, DH and my boss, No one knows and I am trying very hard to keep it that way until after my first appt at the end of June.

Congratulations Sammy!!! Hopefully you'll have a little super sticky bean (that is what they call it here, yes?). :) :) :)

Sewergirl,

I have honestly told more and more people the longer I try. That was not my intention, but I'm excited and can't hide it!!

rdy

We want to wait, if we DO fall pregnant, to tell people after that first trimester, for sure... OH thought it'd be great timing to get preggo right after the wedding, and then tell them all in person over Christmas. (None of our family lives around here).

Then we decided to start trying earlier than expected, so I don't know what'll happen if we get pregnant fast... we can't wait to tell people at Christmas if I'll be almost 7 months along by then, that's crazy.

I'm sure the longer I try that I'll just start talking too. :)

How did you keep from blurting it out to everyone you talked to?

It's all I can think about, so when I'm having a conversation and someone says "so what else is new?", I've about blown it 3 or 4 times already, and that's just in the last 2 weeks.

Gonna be a long haul, lol.

I'm an open book. I can't help myself, I tell everyone. Part of it is that I was briefly pregnant and micarried very early, which was a huge rollercoaster. It was either share what I was going through, or seem crazy. I like sharing the fact that we're trying with close friends. I feel good knowing so many well-wishes are coming our way. :)

I'm an open book. I can't help myself, I tell everyone. Part of it is that I was briefly pregnant and micarried very early, which was a huge rollercoaster. It was either share what I was going through, or seem crazy. I like sharing the fact that we're trying with close friends. I feel good knowing so many well-wishes are coming our way. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your MC :(

I thought I'd want to tell everyone too... in fact, we told some people we WOULD be starting right after the wedding... now I wish we hadn't, though, because I'm nervous it'll take a long time.

I really hate not being able to talk about it. My best friend and her husband don't want children. They don't like other people's kids either. So I'm not going to talk about it with her. I talked to another close friend about it and she was blown away about the OPKs and the charting. She is more NTNP I guess, that's driving her poor hubby crazy. Everyone has their own ideas. I like to talk to people about this stuff, but never knew I could be hurting someone's feelings. I have been better about waiting for someone to offer up the info. I don't know. I just hope my close friends would want to talk to me if they were hang problems. I would want to talk to them. I don't ask people I barely know. I understand now that getting asked could feel like pressure. That's why I'm not telling people. It's so weird to get a questioning look when I turn down a drink. Not a good liar. I'm sure my husband thought I would blow it tonight.

I'm sorry to hear about your MC :(

I thought I'd want to tell everyone too... in fact, we told some people we WOULD be starting right after the wedding... now I wish we hadn't, though, because I'm nervous it'll take a long time.

I can understand that, certainly. Everyone should get to choose what's right for them in this respect.

I guess, the way I feel about it, it's nothing to be ashamed of if it takes a long time, and I'll be happy for everyone to share in my joy when we're finally expecting.

I know it could go really wrong, though. Even miscarrying wouldn't be the worst for me, I think it would be those poor souls who have to opt to end a pregnancy due to birth deffects. The way I think about it, if my husband and I went through something like that, we'd need the support of our friends and family anyway, and I know they'd be there.

I'm going to knock on a lot of wood now!

When I get pregnant. I wanna hide that from co-workers until like 3 months, but I don't know how I will be able to. I was SUPER sick when I was pregnant with my daughter. They are gonna think it's weird when I keep running to the bathroom and asking them to help watch my class.

rdy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->