When you know, you know?? --falling in love

youngone

Reaction score
Is this true?? "when you know you know"- I keep hearing this.

Does it then stand to reason that if your still unsure if someones right for you after a few years then they are wrong for you??

It's interesting, because a few years ago I wanted (and believed in) love and marriage.. now i'm finding it terrifying and the thought of being married makes me anxious. Probably from seeing so many people break up, and falling out of love myself. But then there are those 2% of couples you see and it's like they were made for each other...

Was it true for you? :flower:

I loved my husband before I knew his name. We were in marching band together in high school and one day I saw him putting away my sister's clarinet and I went up to kind of scold him and tell him that wasn't his job and he looked at me with his piercing blue eyes and I melted. There was just this draw between us. He was dating someone else at the time and someone asked if Zach was sitting with her and that's how I learned his name and I was SO angry and jealous. Few weeks later, he broke up with her and asked me out. I knew. It was like my world shifted. All I could think of was his beautiful blue eyes.

We've been together almost 5 years. :cloud9:

My husband and I fell for each other pretty quickly. The first time we met he made me a cup of tea. We got talking (we were on a SCUBA course together) and on the open dives we again talked and got to know one another. We were both is estranged relationships at the time, and a couple of months down the line we were both going through a rough patch and agreed to meet for a drink and a mutual moan. It was an instant thing - we both knew that was it, there and then. 6 weeks later we were living together (took that time because the solicitors were closed over Christmas to draw the contracts up for the house lol) and the rest is history.

What I always say to people is if you have to ask the question 'how do you know?' then you have probably never known the feeling properly. It is true...when it's right, you'll know. I've had previous relationships, and so has my hubby and we've both agreed that while those relationships have had happy times, this is different. We've been together 6.5 years now, married for just over 5 years, and have 3 children and we are just as in love and happy in each other's company as we were back in those early days. :cloud9:

Yep I knew with my DH.

We had met a few weeks before (I worked in pub and he drank in there). At the time, I was with someone else but ended up breaking it off. We got together in February (about 2months after the breakup), moved in with him in March. We both 'knew.' Been together 5.5 years, married for 3 years with 2 LOs.

Yep you just know, I knew within about a week that I would marry my OH. We just gel together, we're kind of cheesy actually, saying the same thing at the same time and stuff hahaxx

i knew on our first date, we met online and it was only a few weeks after id split up with my boyfriend of 2 years.
we had already had a quick drink before but not really a date and then we decided to go camping( no naughty stuff mind)
and when i came home i went in to the house and said to my mum ' thats the man im going to marry' and sh just laughed at me, now 6 years later we have been married five years and have two boys, you do just know when its right, its hard to explain

Sounds corny-but the first time we met I knew he was my soul mate (yes nauseatingly soppy,sorry) lol
Can't wait to marry him.
Maybe everyone feels love differently. There's slow burners, people who fall hard and fast etc. Can only speak of my experience.
Xx

I met hubby online playing WoW, (im a healer he is a warrior:haha:) i didnt have any thought about it just someone in my guild who i got on really well with. Then one night i was having a bad time with ex and everything (working 2 jobs and cleaning after ex and his 2 friends who i lived with) and just went nuts until 3 in the morning. Thats when i realised i was in a bad relationship so the next day i broke up with ex (so relieved). Hubby told me to stay with him for the weekend (as friends!) to have some space. As soon as i got to his place is was like a puzzle piece fitting. :cloud9:

aimee-lou said:
What I always say to people is if you have to ask the question 'how do you know?' then you have probably never known the feeling properly. It is true...when it's right, you'll know. I've had previous relationships, and so has my hubby and we've both agreed that while those relationships have had happy times, this is different. We've been together 6.5 years now, married for just over 5 years, and have 3 children and we are just as in love and happy in each other's company as we were back in those early days. :cloud9:

I couldn't agree more.

I have been in a couple of 2-3 year relationships before and although at the time I though I was in love, i know now i wasn't. I'd convinced myself that the nagging doubt was normal and that 'movie love' didn't exist. When I actually feel for my OH it was completely utterly different, he is my absolute world, I have no doubts at all I know we were made to be together and I will never find this again.

True love absolutely does exist if you're willing to not settle for close enough.

I just knew, we were 19 years old and had mutual friends and at university together. We have been together 9 and 1/2 years and married 4 years this month. I love him and know we will always be together. Whatever fights we have i know we wont break up, he is my other half and our daughter makes our little family perfect. I know he is always there for me and he is a fantastic daddy.

on our first date we had an amazing time and just went together so well,we never ran out of things to talk about!
I just know my OH is the one,I dont even question it.

Would like to add that my hubby is my Knight in Shining armor! :cloud9:

When we got together i didnt realise how controlled i was by ex, Col has allowed me to find myself and grow more.

When I saw my OH walk through the gates of Heathrow I knew he was the one for me. I have never had that feeling with anyone else. I had never met him before, we only spoke on the phone and over skype - but I had that feeling before we met. It was just confirmed when he came here to meet me :D

I practically knew by the end of the 2nd week of meeting him, that he was the man I was going to marry and start a family with (he also says he knew straight away as well). We've basically been inseparable from the day we first met. We started TTC after 5 months of meeting and moved in together officially after 6 months, here we are now 3 years later, still madly in love as we were back then and marrying next year :D

I wouldn't say I knew he was the love of my life right away. I was only 17 and not really looking for anything that long term, just wanted to see how it went.

I knew that I really really liked him, I knew that I enjoyed his time but I think it took me about a year to know that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. There wasn't any doubt before that, I just wasn't looking at the relationship like that.

I think if it has been a few years and you still aren't sure then that should be a good indicator.

DH and I worked together for a year before we actually noticed each other. We were only teenagers then though and working part time in a bar so it probably took a year for us to get to know each other.
3 days after our first date, I told my mum I would marry him. I was 18. We are happily married, 10 years later with 3 babies. He is my best friend and I haven't looked at another man since we got together (honestly!)

When you know, you know x

We're 30 now and we met when we were 18 (started dating at 19). We're getting married in about a month and a half and I'm probably going to be the only one who says this....but I had no idea. LOL

What I mean is, I didn't see it coming, didn't see it forming, didn't see we fell in love, didn't see anything. Neither of us did. What we did know was that it was easy to love each other, easy to live together and even easier to hang out and be friends. We've been together for over 10 years now, and I can see how perfect we are for each other. We're both a bit oblivious and live both in the now and the future (if that makes any sense). We are best friends, lovers, partners, advocates, yin and yang and everything in between. But we truly started off as friends in a dorm in college - and our friendship blossomed into something neither of us saw coming. Our friends saw it though. It took us a few months to see what others saw. lol

So is it true, you'll just know? Not really. :rofl: :rofl: My OH is shy and I have the attention span of a mop, so for us, it was almost like a surprise....YOU'RE IN LOVE!!! :cloud9:

I met my DH online when I was 17. From day one there was always something there we used to talk about anything and everything for hours but when it started to turn into something more serious I backed off completely. I was young, wanted to experience life first and if I'm honest the intensity of what was between us scared me. Back then I was nowhere near ready for this.
We kept in contact sporadically for a couple of years and that spark was still there but we were both with other people so we kept our distance.
Then my DH went through a rough patch in his life and we started chatting again regularly. Eventually he came to visit me and ten months after that I moved countries and we got married. To this day I still get those butterflies I used to get when thinking about him.
I always knew he was the one, there's a certain connection you feel with that person that just isn't there with other people. So yes it is true when you know, you know :)

I think there are some people you can have a really intense chemistry with as soon as you meet them. The type of person you know you'll want to marry and spend the rest of your life with, even before you really know them. I don't necessarily think it means they're right for you.
(Or maybe I'm just bitter because I let mine go :lol:)

Really, if you know you love someone and you're sharing your lives together then trust yourself in your own judgement - wasting time worrying if they're 'the one' based on other peoples' definitions is not going to do you any good.

It's oh so cliche but yet so true...

How do you know?
You just do.
Even when you don't. :haha:

There's no reason. It just feels too natural to be anything less. I met my OH and knew very early on that he was the one I wanted. I literally felt and still feel like he really is my other half. We're not completely the same, in many ways we are opposites, but his weaknesses are usually my strengths and vice-versa. We strengthen each other and things are easy. We don't have to try, that doesn't mean we don't have bad moments, but just that, getting past them comes easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->