when you start TTC....

Ooh, looks strange!

I had the normal IUD for a number of years but my dr made me have it taken out cos she thought it was what was causing my week long pains in my left hand side every month, but she was wrong. Made no difference whatsoever!

I think we'll just stop preventing.. I hopefully come off the pill in a few months time and wont be ttc but our only bc will be pull-out so not entirely reliable (but we don't mind accidents :wink: ) At that time I will start on the PG vitamins... When we start formally ttc then i will start charting on something like mycycle.com and try and get to know my body and ov time. If that doesn't work after 9-12 months or so I will start going all out with OPKs etc.

That's the plan but I never stick to plans :rofl:
xx

im temping now... so that i know my cycle. If i know what day i ovulate on i can make sure we :sex: around that day and hopefully let nature take its course... so half and half maybe??

We'll just let nature take its course to start with.

Hi Morri =]

I wondered what that was as well when you mentioned it
How does it work if there are no hormones?

xx

Hi, It works through copper ions. Copper ions are spermazoid and also letal to eggcells too.

If it is allowed I can post a link here to the description of it .
gynefixgynefix
Copper coils have been used before though only that this one is frame less and so less likely to cause irritations et such.(I didn't have any at all)

Are these widely available then? I'm defo going to consider this in the future ie hopefully after baby no.3!

We are just going to see what happens. I think the charting stuff scares DH so if after a while we haven't got a bean I'll prob chart in secret!!

Oh I can't wait to start temping! but have to wait until I stop taking my BC pill next year then I'll be temping and charting like a mad woman! poor DP won't know whats hit him!

We are just going to see what happens. I think the charting stuff scares DH so if after a while we haven't got a bean I'll prob chart in secret!!

My DH is the same. The less of a big deal I make of it, the less scary it is to him. :D

Are these widely available then? I'm defo going to consider this in the future ie hopefully after baby no.3!
They are not too widely spread , (depending where you live)
but at this lj entry of somebody I found this information.
https://community.livejournal.com/iud_divas/profile

Director of Family Planning at Halton and St Helens PCT near Liverpool and Manchester, [email protected] and alsothis one can tell you too:
[email protected]

. In germany I have the luck that there is one directly in Hamburg , where I live.

My DH is the same. The less of a big deal I make of it, the less scary it is to him. :D

Yep, my OH is the same... I want to keep the charting secret in case it freaks him out and he becomes too scared to even try. I'm really praying that we get a :bfp: before the need for temping arrises.. if not then it will strategic loo trips to temp in the mornings. :rofl:

xxx

I'm using nfp and persona for birth control at the moment so will have a pretty good idea of when I'm ovulating when the time comes.

But I think we'll naturally "try harder" around that time anyway, seems like mother nature is taking care of that one...

Ha ha i considered this til i realised most thermometers have a little bleeper that tells you you can use the reading! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am definitely going for the relaxed method. I will be happy to know we're trying so not too worried if it doesn't happen straight away. I will be doing SW so the longer it takes the healthier I will be getting.

I see so many stories of people charting, etc and taking years, then they have a break and it's then they get pregnant.

I think the more relaxed you can be the better so maybe after 6 months or so if it still hasn't happened, then we might see about checking ovulation etc but until then, we'll just enjoy the :sex:
I think we'd be doing it more then anyway as both me and OH will be slimmer and also not using a condom feels so great that we'll be wanting to do it more I think! Ha!

Saying all that, I may buy some pre-seed as it seems to help things along ;) but that's all!

I'm generally not a relaxed person......well it's not that I can't relax, I'm just happier having something to do! I'm also a mad planner...which is why I've started charting now! (Slightly OCD!) I was on cerazette too until January and read lots of stories about cycle not coming back (which is also why I've started charting) but luckily I seem to have settled into 27/28 days now. I just HATE condoms!!!

Other than writing my dates in my diary so I can keep an eye on my cycle we aren’t doing anything specific. We have decided to try BD’ing more often (which my hubby definitely has no problem with!) and see what happens.

I will probably try and work out when I’m OV’ing by keeping an eye out for changes in my body etc and I’m hoping I might be able to have a rough guess by looking at my dates too – hubby won’t have any idea about that as I don’t want him to think we are purposely BD’ing just to try and get pregnant.

If we don’t get anywhere in six months then I might consider getting some ovulation sticks to try. I don’t want the whole process to feel too regimented I’d rather try and make it as natural as possible if we can :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->