Where do we go from here?

dogsrus

Reaction score
Just looking for some advice. DH and I have been NTNP for 5 cycles now--nothing yet! We have had an early missed mc in the past, ending up with D&C, and resulted in fever, body aches for a couple of days following--no treatment other than the routine prophylactic antibiotic prescribed. Ever since then, my periods have dropped from 4 days to 2 days and are lighter. On an ongoing basis, I have constipation and sharp pains when bearing down--my gyno knows about all of this. She suspects endo, but not confirmed. I spoke with gyno about possibility of asherman's, but she doesn't think I have it. I wish she would help me investigate a little more. The only thing she's done are pelvic exams and transvaginal ultrasounds, which 3 months ago revealed an ovarian cyst. I keep wondering why it's taking us so long--with the other pregnancy it took less than 2 cycles. Could the cyst be causing the delay? I'm 29, DH is 33. I've just been keeping track of ovulation and periods. Is it too early to have some tests done, like HSG? I'm also wondering, if it's endo, should I have a laparoscopy done? I'm concerned about scars from the lap and about the risk of infection/adhesions from it. Also wondering if I should have a hysteroscopy to see if there is any scarring or not--but I know that hysteroscopy carries the risk of cervical incompetence in rare cases. I don't know what to do! DH wants a baby more than me, doesn't want to be too old when it happens, and I don't blame him. I don't want to wait a full year for an infertility diagnosis...just looking for others who may have gone through a similar experience with good outcomes. I need some reassurance. :shrug:

Are you in the UK?
To be honest, it's completely normal to have to wait up until 12 months to 2 years to concieve. And just because you've concieved quickly before, doesn't always mean that it'll happen the next time around.
It's unlikely that your GP and Gyno will not do anything until the 12 month mark. Unless you pay for private investigations.
As you said yourself, these investigations do carry risk, and the Doctors do not like to 'rush in' and do invasive searches, when potentially there isn't anything wrong.

I know someone who has been diagnosed with suspected Endo, and although she's not TTC, they don't have any intention of offering her any 'invasive procedures' until she has gone through other medications first.

Sorry I can't be more help! Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"