Where do you holiday in the UK?

That's great! Sorry OP for high jacking!! Looks like half term is a week earlier than ours? I'm looking at the weekend of 23rd Feb

DD breaks up on the 16th for half term.

Lau - check out Lowther castle, because you're quite near there. My girls love it! Best for a dry day because it's all outside, but they have a huge wooden castle play area, lots of logs and tree stumps they've made into a balancing course and rope swings. You can take a picnic or there's a tea room.

Ullswater is nice. We took a steamer across the Lake then walked up to Aira Force waterfall, which isn't too far.

I've never been to Rheged, but there's indoor stuff there.

At Keswick there's the swimming pool, with waves and slides. There's also a small indoor play area that also has indoor caving and climbing walls. And of course the Pencil Museum!

We like having a walk around Buttermere (it's a flat walk) then stopping off at the cafe there for one of their ice creams.

Whinlatter is great for kids.

There's good play parks at Keswick and Ambleside.

We liked the grounds at Mirehouse, there's different play stuff for the kids.

There's an aquarium at Maryport.

We like Brockhole on Windermere, although it's been summer when we've visited, so you'd have to check what's on in winter. We've done kayaking, golf, tree top nets, playground there before.

I'm trying to think of more indoor stuff, but mostly we take our waterproofs and go out for walks anyway!

Oops, she breaks up on the 9th - good job I checked 😂

I've been to London twice, 10 days total, and if you do a bike tour, top up your Oyster, do a pub crawl (in camden), you could really get the "London experience" in 3 days. Ride a Sandtander rental bike around too, its fun. I rode for hours hopping from docking station to docking station and they only got me for 4 pounds total. I liked the London museum better than the British Museum. Also check out the old "City of London" with the tiny ass streets. Get lost on the tubes and find your way back via the bus (get a SIM card and google maps, it's worth it). Just some ideas. Have fun :) [edit] Just saw you were from france, you should get 500mb of free data roaming since UK is still technically EU, check with your phone company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->