Where is sleep?!

Genevevex

Reaction score
I am 40 weeks and 5 days (as of an hour ago), and I swear I simply cannot sleep anymore! It's driving me crazy! I am exhausted and hurting all the time... All I want to do is lie down in bed and sleep, and I find myself lying in bed awake ALL NIGHT.

I've tried everything I can think of; warm baths, plenty of pillows, extra air flow, snack before, no snacks before, blah, blah, blah... Sleep is not to be had. The most I manage is a couple hours a night, and then MAYBE a couple more hours in the morning around 8am or so.

I'm scheduled for induction on the 12th, so I know I only have three more nights of this at most, but I'm SO frustrated! I need that sleep, and I don't look forward to laboring without a good nights sleep.

I was the same it's awful but it will be over soon and the minute you get home pass baby on and go to bed I slept 8 hours straight

The only thing I can say is :hugs: and maybe try banana peal tea if you have not already. I make mine from just banana peals (ends cut off) boiled for about 10 min and then allowed to cool. Then sometimes when I am letting it cool I throw some chamomille in for extra soothing... it helps with my muscle spasums.... If you haven't tried it, it is worth a shot. I don't know if it will really help though because I think your big enemy here is hormones :hugs:

What is this sleep that you talk of.. it sounds like a glorious mythological event.

^ what they said. The most sleep I get is right before I need to wake up. Stupid job

Glad to see I'm not the only one going crazy with this. I was EXHAUSTED tonight so went to bed early. Slept for about an hour and a half, and then woke up. Haven't been able to sleep since.

Putting in a movie and going to try again when it's over. :/

Maybe it's our bodies playing a nasty trick on us to get ready for the new arrivals. Tricky things they are.

CNN is my going to sleep TV... My problem is my reflux.. like no matter how early I eat.. I wake up with reflux choking me to death. I know we aren't supposed to sleep on our back.. but sleeping propped up on my back is about the only way I can sleep these days.

It's also awesome when you wake up coughing from said reflux... when you have to pee.. and you pretty much pee yourself as you are running to the bathroom while coughing.

Don't you hate it when people are like "enjoy your sleep now because you won't get it after the baby comes!" - With DS1 and DS2 I was like :growlmad: I PROMISE you this baby is going to sleep for more than 45 min at a time and that is the best I get now!! (and they did! HA! I remember feeling soooo rested after I had him and slept for 3 hours streight! lol)

I actually posted something along the lines of "How can I get sleep before baby gets here when I can't sleep" on facebook. It was more of a vent then anything.. of course... here comes all the people who want to give me advice.. and I just want to be like I DO ALL THIS ... I JUST WANTED TO BITCH ABOUT IT ON FACEBOOK! .. But I didn't.

I actually posted something along the lines of "How can I get sleep before baby gets here when I can't sleep" on facebook. It was more of a vent then anything.. of course... here comes all the people who want to give me advice.. and I just want to be like I DO ALL THIS ... I JUST WANTED TO BITCH ABOUT IT ON FACEBOOK! .. But I didn't.

Right? My mom is especially bad about comments like that. I don't even post much on Facebook right now because of it. Just come here and vent to others who will understand and relate. :)

Now, to try and get some sleep before I have to be up at 6am tomorrow for my induction. Yeah, right.

Hope all goes well tomorrow!! Fill us in on your birth story when you can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->