• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where is Uterus at 14 weeks 2nd baby

AsheBro

Ethan and bumps mommy
Reaction score
I was laying on my back and I suddenly started feeling the little like... fluttery type feeling and I got excited because it feels like it felt with my son. It was about 3 fingers down from my belly button but I feel like thats too high for 14w2d. This is my second pregnancy and I heard you show faster with your second, which I definitely feel like I have. I've also been getting these random flutters for a while now, which I've heard since you know what they feel like you can recognize them earlier with other pregnancies. Sometimes they are where I think baby is, because of where I've seen them on the ultrasound and sometimes they are in places theres no way a baby could be lmao. So I always doubt if what I'm feeling is really baby or if its just me making stuff up. I like to pretend its baby regardless, it helps me feel less anxious. I'm wondering where the uterus would sit around 14 weeks with the second baby.

This is what I was able to find:

Around Week 14 of pregnancy, the fundal height can be measured. The fundal height is the distance from the top of the pubic bone to the top of the uterus. It is a standard measure used to check on the fetus’ development and ensure there is enough of amniotic fluid in the uterus for the baby to grow healthily. It is also used in the calculation of the fetus’ body weight, which will help your OB-GYN keep tabs on the fetus’ growth.

The ideal fundal height of a woman in Week 14 of pregnancy is 12 to 18 cm.

At 13 weeks your uterus is at the top of your pubic bone. It raises 1cm per week after that in a typical pregnancy (They don’t start measuring fundal height until about 20 weeks as it can vary slightly in early pregnancy).

So at this point you are probably 1 finger width above your pubic bone right now.

At 13 weeks your uterus is at the top of your pubic bone. It raises 1cm per week after that in a typical pregnancy (They don’t start measuring fundal height until about 20 weeks as it can vary slightly in early pregnancy).

So at this point you are probably 1 finger width above your pubic bone right now.

I'm so pleased you shared this. I'm almost 11 weeks and when I lie down I can't feel anything. No slight bump anywhere. But obviously that's because my uterus is still below my pelvic bone... Aww phew 😊

I use a Doppler at home and a few days ago, at around 13 weeks, his heartbeat was about 4 fingers down from my belly button. I keep thinking I feel little flutters too. It's definitely possible that you are feeling baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->