Where to birth at home?

You may find that the best laid plans fall by the wayside - a labouring woman occupies a very different headspace to one who isn't and perhaps keeping your options open until you are in the moment would be wise?

I agree! I was very instinctive last time but was more thinking of the preparation for it and where to put things etc x

Although I like the idea of birthing on my bed, my bedroom is so tiny there is hardly room to stand next to the bed so I think probably very impracticle. I'm thinking the living room floor/ball/couch.. something like that. But we'll see at the time! x

I'm not going upstairs at all. We have a bathroom downstairs and loads of space in my lounge for my pool and for me too lean over the couch or lie on the floor if I want.

The midwife isn't getting the baby out. You are. Go where YOU are comfortable. The midwife should accommodate you - that's her job :)

My preference? Catch my OWN baby. :D

Still, some situations are really impractical. My aubtie is a mw and delivered a baby in a tiny room with a baby grand piano and pool in it. She had to crawl under it cos the woman got out and leant over the piano bench to push :dohh:

I was in the front room and planned to stay there just more room for everyone and I couldnt see giving birth on my bed?!

That way I could sit/lay/stand/roll on my ball/lean over sofa so lots pf options and room to do it all.

I'm not going upstairs at all. We have a bathroom downstairs

I'm soooo jealous! We only have the one bathroom upstairs and already i'm dreading having to trek up and down the stairs when in labour, especially if they keep sending me up there to pee to allow baby to move down more. I was whinging about it to OH the other day actually, he said "Just pee in the pool- there'll be worse things in there by the end anyway" :lol:

I'm not going upstairs at all. We have a bathroom downstairs

I'm soooo jealous! We only have the one bathroom upstairs and already i'm dreading having to trek up and down the stairs when in labour, especially if they keep sending me up there to pee to allow baby to move down more. I was whinging about it to OH the other day actually, he said "Just pee in the pool- there'll be worse things in there by the end anyway" :lol:

haha! Got to love the male perspective on things.

I only went up for a quick bath & ended up having to give birth up there :dohh: All over my nice fluffy cream carpet because they never got all of my protective sheets, towels etc up from where Id set them up downstairs.

:dohh:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"