Where would I start?

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
Josh takes 8oz purple apitmal every 2/3 hours. Wakes up twice a night for feeds normally 2/3oz each when he used to sleep through...

He's been like this for a good 3 weeks now and im gonna hold off til 4 months but I have no idea where to start apart from baby rice..

How much and how long do I carry on with it for before introducing lunch and teas?

I really hope early weaning works for you hun, it didn't work for us :(

We had to wean Niamh at 17 weeks in preparation for an operation she had done at 7 1/2 months. She still has 8oz of milk every 3 hours and she stills wakes for at least one, sometimes 2 feeds a night!!

We started with baby rice and banana porridge (this one is suitable for young babies) and just take it really slow just a few spoonfuls a day. We then eventually moved onto fruit puree.

Niamh has food issues and is still only has 2 meals a day and we are just introducing snacks but i think usually babies would be on 3 meals by 9/10 months.

Hi, we started with baby rice, just a few spoons each day in the morning then each day gave a few more spoons. When I was happy that he was ok with it I moved on to baby porrigde and did the same he liked this best. when I was happy with this I started mixing in some fruit and veg purees things like carrot and banana and pear (obviously not all together) Be careful with 'nana' as it can give them constipation. Be sure to offer water. I think they say start a new taste every three days as then you can test if they have any reaction to it. Once you are sure they are ok with certain foods, i.e apple and pear, you can start mixing them together. When you feel your baby is ready, start offering another meal. for example breakfast and tea, Avoid giving new tastes on the evening, leave this for the morning feed as this gives you all day to see how they get on with it. I make my food quite sloppy I add extra pre boiled water or the cooking juices as James gets constipated very easily, this just makes sure he gets extra fluids into him. eventually add the extra meal so they have 3 meal. It is very important at this age to offer the milk feed first as solids should be an extra not an insted.

We weaned early on advice from the health visitor, I wouldnt say it really helped with sleep so much but I think it made him so mcuh more content. He absloutley loves his food and gets very excited as soon as he see's the bowl. Hope you get on ok and that my waffling might have helped you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->