Where's all the October mummies?

chetnaz

Have 3 boys + girl on way
Reaction score
We had several threads going in third trimester, dedicated to all the mummies having their babies in October. I was just wondering how you and your LOs are all doing? How your babies are getting on etc. thought it would be nice to introduce our babies now that they are here and to update each other on how we're getting on as I miss you all!

I'll start.

Baby Aylin (pronounced I-lin) was due on 21st oct. I was induced on the 17th oct due to high BP and a previous history of Pre eclempsia . She was born in the early hours of the 18 th. she will be three weeks old tomorrow. She's such a good baby and only ever cries when she's hungry. She's being breastfed, which hurt like hell for the first week, but thankfully is fine now. We are totally smitten with her, although the twins were a little jealous to begin with. She weighed 7lb 2oz at birth. Had her weighed today and she is 7lbs 15oz so coming along nicely.

Here's a pic of her

https://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/Chetnaz/th_076b649b0c0d68efcab50c346101153b.jpg

Sooo how are the rest of you doing??

Hiii and congrats...she's lovely :)

I was one but I became a September mummy when I had a csection cause he was breech! Zach was born on the 26th sept and weighed 7lb 1oz. He's 6 weeks old today and doing great! Had him weighed last week and he was 9lb 6oz! He's feeding great (bf) although right now he seems to be ripping the shit out of my nipple!!

over here!but am bfing right now so will write later :)

My baby was due Oct. 3 but he was a week late and I was induced on the 8th. He's a stubborn little thing and I didn't go into active labor on the 8th so they started the pitocin again on the 9th. I was in labor for 5 hours and he was born on the 9th at 1:39 PM. He was 7 lb 14 oz.

He's a very easy baby for the most part. He took to breastfeeding right away and I haven't had any problems there, but I have found breastfeeding to be stressful sometimes. There was one 24 hour period where he wanted to eat ALL NIGHT and ALL DAY. I wanted to pull my hair out that day. Working my day around breastfeeding every two hours has definitely been an adjustment.

But he's healthy, happy, and very focused and alert so mommy and daddy are very happy too!

Hiii I'm an October mummy too.
Ethan was born on October 9th, one day before his due date. He was 8lbs 6oz at birth and was 9lbs 12oz at his weigh in last Thursday :blush: tubby boy! He loves his milk and so far has been a happy chappy as long as he's had a good feed. Although today he's a total misery guts! I think it might wind :(

Hi
My little (!) Darcey was born in 1st October. Was due 28th September and induced on the 30th. I posted in 3rd tri about what a horrendous experience I had. DD is 5weeks and 2 days and I can finally start talking about it without crying everytime.
However, we're both doing well. I had a lot of stitches and bruising and for the 1st week thought I'd be in agony forever! Feel million times better now, apart from the fact I've nearly 3stone to lose and still wearing maternity clothes!
Darcey was 9lb exactly at birth. She was weighed last week at 4 weeks and she was 10lb 7. She has an unbelievable appetite. I've had her on hungry baby formula since 11days old.
She's a very happy content baby. She only cries when she has a wet nappy or hungry. She gets through about 15 nappies a day as she won't sit for a min in a wet one. When she's hungry I'm sure the whole street know until I get a bottle made, so impatient!
She eats every 3-4 hrs but goes 7 hrs at night and always have. I know I'm so lucky. Only thing is she will not sleep before midnight.
She loves her baths and has one nearly every night. I know I shouldn't but she is so happy in there.
We both have our check ups next Wed. Only thing I'm concerned about with her is her birthmark. I'm not sure what sort it is and want to know if Itl fade by itself or needs treatment. Doesn't bother me, I don't notice it anymore, but it's all over her nose and I hope it will be gone before she or other children notice it. I've already had some horrible comments.
Sorry I've just rambled on with no structure.

awww...hunny!poor u! ella was born early (due 24th born 16th) 22 hour labour ending in emergency section...she was 8lbs9...she is just perfect and im in love :)

Aw Aylin is gorgeous Chetnaz!

I was originally an October mummy, due date was 23rd but Parker decided to come nearly 4 weeks early and was born on 28th September. She's 6 weeks old on Friday and doing great! Sleeping a good 6 - 8 hours at least each night which is fabulous. I'm impatiently waiting for her to start smiling now lol.

We're FF and she's a greedy chops, has a 5 ounce bottle every 3 hours during the day. Not had her weighed for a few weeks (bad mummy) but she put on 8oz in 6 days a few weeks ago, she's filled out a lot since then too so I know she's still gaining well.

She's a very content baby who likes to sit quietly and take everything in whilst frowning :haha:

Here's a pic of her from the other day :cloud9:

Attachments

• 384892_10151115437132312_1495539535_n.jpg
    384892_10151115437132312_1495539535_n.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi everyone. Georgia was born on the 31st October (halloween baby! :witch:) weighing 8lbs 9oz. I was due on the 18th and went 13 days over before going for induction but a presentation scan indicated she was breech and so I opted for c section. This is only my 2nd day at home after some R&R back at the MLU I had planned to give birth in.
Georgia is a really placid baby and she's taken very well to breast feeding although she is a bit lazy about waking for feeds during the day! She cluster feeds for 3-4 hours each night, sleeps until around 3am when she wakes for a small feed and then sleeps until around 7 or 8am. I am really enjoying her and daddy is just smitten with his little girl, which is lovely to see.
Since Georgia was breech she needs to have a hip scan for clicky hips and her little legs are still quite high a week on. She gave us our first fright just a little while ago- we put her down in her moses basket upstairs in our room and the movement sensor went off! My husband ran up to check her and thankfully she was fine. Now looking at the instructions for the mat it seems we had it on the least sensitive setting and it's a real possibilty it wasn't picking up the more shallow breaths. Very scary nonetheless.
How are people feeling emotionally? I must admit I really didn't expect to feel this level of attachment to Georgia already- she really makes my heart melt and I keep having little bouts of happy tears for my gorgeous little girl.

Attachments

• georgia.jpg
    georgia.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 3
There has been the odd day when just looking at him has made me cry!! Then there's been the one meltdown day - that was bad!! He smiled yesterday, a big cheesy happy smile and I nearly went!!

Congrats to you all :)

My boy was born 14th oct weighing 7lb 10oz. He feeds remarkably well every few hours and is very content and alert. Slightly worried when I look at the weight gain of all you ladies as Isaac has gained 1lb a week after losing 3oz in the first 5 days. He now weighs 10lb 7oz at just 24 days old!

Great to hear from all of you. And your babies are adorablE! Can't write too much at the mo as Im feeding dd. will write more later. X

I was a 'September mummy', due on the 26th September, but Micah was 10 days overdue and eventually arrived on the 6th October.

Here he is!x

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/Melon1687/IMAG1458.jpg

Hi

Charlie was born on 13th October (Bababell other than induction part we had similar births, midwives not believing how painful it was and not checking and ventouse although I tore instead). Has started to fade now we are home. He is growing really well and still exclusively breastfeeding.nHalf of pregnacy weight has come off waiting for the other half although given how much I am eating I am not trying! /he is sleeping ok a couple of wake ups a night

Attachments

• 561655_10151293953358185_1972616653_n.jpg
    561655_10151293953358185_1972616653_n.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi October mummies!!!!! =)

I was due the 23rd but went into labor naturally on the 10th! Had my Rylee Ella on Oct. 10th at 8:20pm. She was 7lbs 14oz and 20.5 inches long.

She's doing fantastic! We're slowly getting her on a little schedule but I figure it's going to be a few weeks/months till she's sleeping through the night lol. Just found out a few hours ago she does not have cystic fibrosis but is just a carrier for it so mommy & daddy are very relieved! :happydance:

Here's 2 pictures of my little lady :kiss:

Attachments

• wide eyes.jpg
    wide eyes.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 4
  • sleepyyy.jpg
    sleepyyy.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 4
:hi:

i'm an October mommy!! :) Lucas was due on Oct. 6th, went in on Oct 3 to be induced due to pre-e, after not progressing AT ALL after over 30 hours, he was born via c-section on Oct 5 weighing 9lbs3oz :cloud9:

he's such a good baby! although i'm not dealing with the sleepless nights very well. had a complete emotional breakdown at 2:30am last night :blush: he is just completely awake from the hours between 11pm-3:30am. and then up at 8am. i had a glimmer of hope the other night when he slept from 11:30-6am! it was heaven.
can't wait until he figures out the difference between night and day!! :(

here's my gorgeous little boy :)
https://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q638/chestyq1/IMG-20121030-00817.jpg

My darcey just about to leave hospital

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u421/sjmidd/E7FE2E1B-AED6-4040-A397-7CEEFACCFB45-8746-000007AEB2905C75_zps022056a3.jpg

Tonight after bath

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u421/sjmidd/CDFB6888-1636-4439-B632-05978F43BB5C-8746-000007AEBABCE52E_zpsbf12f6c7.jpg

You needs October Mums when you have meeeee?? Aylin is SUCH a babe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->