Which boy name do you like best

BunnyBunny

Reaction score
Hello,

Ok, both his parents and mine do not like the name we love which is
Uriah Greyson Harris and since a name is the thing we are stuck with for at least 18 years ( cause that is when they can legally change it with out parental consent) I went back to the drawling board. Middle name is going to stay Greyson cause we love it.

Here are the once I came up with but I wanted opinions and open to some suggestions.

Names we cant use due to close relatives are
Corbin
Christopher
Christian
Bradley
Zachery
Jacob
Nathan
Aaron
Andrew
David
Westley
Liam
Lee

Names I picked out today:
Ronan Greyson Harris
Killian Greyson Harris
Alistair Greyson Harris
Benjamin Greyson Harris
Barrett Greyson Harris

We aren't too keen on very common names as you see from my choices. But not so far out there that we cant pronounce them or have to send him to school with how to say my name paper each year lol.

I have lots of time cause I'm still a newbie prego but time can get away from you fast so I was just needing some outside help.

Also my family is Italian and his family is German

We have the girls name down cause we still don't know if its a girl or a boy and are still on the fence if we will find out cause I never waited until birth to find out and this will probably be my last baby ( I have 3 others all teenagers) Boys are Aaron Thane and Nathan Thomas and the girl is Sarah Nicole. Also I realize those are very common names but that also was with a very controlling ex hubby who wouldn't give me free range over what to pick for a name.

Thanks for your help!!

I like Killian the best.

Do you like the name Bennett?

I think Benjamin is the only one I would go with.

I like Benjamin best, but I wouldn't let your parents influence your decision if you really love your choice!

I love Greyson, why not use it as a first name such as Greyson Leo Harris etc. my DH is Alistair and is pretty uncommon. I think with Greyson being a longish name something shorter sounds nice..
Noah Greyson Harris
Kade Greyson Harris
Colby Greyson Harris

Uriah makes me think urinary, which would rule it out for me!

Killian...Kill Ian!? It sounds like you've named your baby after a vendetta. I guess this would be "Kill" for short...yikes!

Ronan, Benjamin and Alistair are all more name-like to me! I like them.

Killian...Kill Ian!? It sounds like you've named your baby after a vendetta. I guess this would be "Kill" for short...yikes!

Uriah is pronounced UR-Rye-AH so it wouldn't be anything close to urinary. Only letters in common are Uri and Killian is more pronounce like Keel-lee-ann. Me and my hubby have been mulling over every angle of these names and we had this conversation last night lol. I really like Alistair but I dont like the nick name Al it makes the name become so common. Glad we still have a while to figure it out and who knows it could be a girl lol which we are set on that name for now. Thanks for your reply :shrug:

I love Alistair as it's Scottish :) I also really like Killian, but I prefer the Irish spelling of Cillian. It's a great name.

Don't let family opinion influence the ultimate decision too much.

What about using Greyson as the first name if you and hubby both love it???

Just an idea which I am sure you have tossed around.

Don't let family opinion influence the ultimate decision too much.

What about using Greyson as the first name if you and hubby both love it???

Just an idea which I am sure you have tossed around.

We had thought about it but didn't want him to be nick named Grey heh. My hubby is leaning towards Ronan or Killian as an alternative.

but its pronounced YOU-RYE-AH which is nothing like YOU-RAN-EE they only really have the YOU syllable in common but several other names have the same YOU syllable like:

Eugene = YOU-GENE
Eustace = YOU-STAS
Euan = YOU-ANN
Unity = YOU-NAT-EE
Ulysses = YOU-LISS-EE-S

but its pronounced YOU-RYE-AH which is nothing like YOU-RAN-EE they only really have the YOU syllable in common but several other names have the same YOU syllable like:

Eugene = YOU-GENE
Eustace = YOU-STAS
Euan = YOU-ANN
Unity = YOU-NAT-EE
Ulysses = YOU-LISS-EE-S

I think the comparison refers to the spelling rather than the pronounciation, with which I agree at first glance. But once it was a child's name I don't think anyone would think twice.

I know you said you would want to avoid Grey as a nn but Greyson Uriah is a lovely name......just to keep them both in there.

I really like Ronan or Rowan. Uriah reminds me of Urea (chemical compound found in urine). I know it's spelled and pronounced differently, it's just the first thing that comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->