Which breast pump?

Wombat

Married mum of 2:)
Reaction score
Hi girls :hugs:

I know it is a bit too early yet, but I want to start at least looking at things.
Basically I want an electric breast pump. I had manual with my first and regret not getting an electric one right in the beginning.

I have to mention that I have huge boobs (38G) so the pump has to be pretty powerful ( I know it sounds strange, but it just has to be).

I was looking at Avent Isis IQ or Medela mini type ones, but I am open to suggestions.

Which one would you reccomend?

Thank you in advance for your replies.:hug:

I have the Tommee Tippee manual breast pump. I found it very difficult in the early days... but then I think that was a bad time to try to express as my nipples were very sore still and it hurt. I used it this last week though and found it dead easy and managed to get 5oz from one boob alone! I went for a manual pump as I wanted to be in control myself, rather than have an electric one.

i have the medela swing and its great cos u can make it as weak or powerful as u want

x

Thanks girls:hug:

I found it really hard time trying to express with the manual one. My hands just got so tired (and especially in the early days when you are tired anyways).

This time I deffo will be getting electronic one :D Just have to decide which one.

Aven IQ one apparently remembers the way you start expressing (you do it manually) and continues itself....

Melda mini or any melda come to thats :hugs:

I got a mini medela (£50) and liked it well but I think the medela swing (£80) would have been worth paying the extra for.

Also I have the opposite problem (34A when I'm due a feed!) but I got a smaller breast shield (the clear funnel bit) so presumably they also do bigger ones too. The pump just comes with the medium size. I got my breast shield free from a lactation consultant attached to my hospital.

ps- the bad thing about the mini medela is it is quite noisy.

I have the mini medela and think it is great! I agree with jenstar, it easy noisy, but it's easy to use and efficient! Good Luck xx

Thanks for your replies girls:hug:

Shame you can't try all of them in advance:laugh2:

I say anything Medela. I had two manual with my first and they hurt my hands and I wasn't able to express much. I then splurged while pg with my second, and even the nurses were shocked when just 24 hours after delivery I was able to pump out a little over 2oz.

I'm in exactly the same boat, with my first I used a manual but I got so fed up with crampy hands it made me resent having to pump at times - I definately think I'd be a lot happier with an electric.

From my research, I've heard great things about Medela - The mini is meant to be good, but I'm tempted to spash out on the Swing - it's meant to be quieter, and also does the mimic of the way LO feeds (short-short-short-short-loooong) which I know was the best way the managed to work with my manual, whereas I think the mini doesn't do that? The only thing that puts me off is the price tag, but thinking of using my HIP to invest in that and the Angelcare sensor monitor as I don't think I'd regret either purchase hopefully!

Hi,

I have the Medula Swing and I'd say its well worth the £80 price tag.

xx

:hug::hug::hug:

Thanks girls:hugs:

Will have to have a look at medela swing:hugs:

It's worth keeping an eye out on ebay, I got mine for £30 secondhand. I love it, highly recommend it :)

x

I'm also scouting for recommendations.

I like the sound of the breastflow bottles which have been recommended elsewhere on the forum, and just wanted to double check if you use say a medela to express, are you stuck using their bottles?? I don't know anything about the advice on transferring from one container to another etc. I guess if they're all sterile it doesnt matter?

Breastflow do a pump, I wasn't sure if this was new?
https://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B001K9O5E2/sr=1-44/qid=1240665150/ref=sr_1_44/275-7348685-5385260?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42860041&mcb=core

I've recently realised I really want BF to work, so having a pump ready seemed to make sense?

Seraphim - you don't have to use medela's bottles. All you do is pour milk from the bottle you were expressing to, to the bottle you are going to feed from.

And I do reccomend Breastflow bottles. Wish I had more of those instead Avent ones.

:hug:

Ah thanks hon :)

Doesn't seem to be so much info on the breastflow pump, i can see why the medela swing is so popular with the suction control.

Just hoping I can keep my eyes peeled for some bargains so I can stock up gradually ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->