Which car seats fit which cars?

LuluBee

Mummy to Alex
Reaction score
I've read in some magazines that not all car seats fit all cars. Is this right? If so how do you find out whether the car seat you're buying will fit your car(s)?

i went to my local mothercare and they test the car seat your interested in by putting it in your car to see if it fits!!

I think there is a website that may be able to tell you cant remember what it is ill have a look for you, other than that i think most shops now prefer to try a seat in your car before selling it to you x

I no on the Britax website they have a fit finder that tells you whether or not it will fit in your car so i assume other companies would do the same!

x

eeek i never thought about this lol, just had the car seat that came with the pram cos it was part of the deal
must try it soon anyway
x

Yep, if you want to go for a seat with an Isofix base then look at the Britax website as they will assess your car. Better than looking in the instructions as my Britax seat doesn't mention my car in the instructions but does on the website and of course does fit. Otherwise it's a case of trying them out to make sure you've enough room etc.

We went to Mothercare and asked them to fit the one we were looking at.... unfortunately, it didn't fit, so we had to rethink our carseat/travel system plans.

We have a Nissan Almera, and the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix fits perfectly - so we went with the Quinny Buzz to make our travel system :happydance:

I bought a jane one checked the website i have a renault scenic and its fine

I've read in some magazines that not all car seats fit all cars. Is this right? If so how do you find out whether the car seat you're buying will fit your car(s)?

Hun, if you head up to Merry Hill, they have a Mothercare World - we went there, and they let us try about 4 different seats in our car, and you can park right outside the front of the store!! We also were allowed to try out the base unit for the seat we finally decided on.
xx

Mothercare aren't alwasy accurate as they told me the Britax Evolva 1-2-3 didn't fit mine. So I came home and looked on the Brittax website and it even tells you which seats in your model car that their seats fit on!! How cool!!

The stage one car seat fit in most cars but find the seat you want and check the manufacturers webby hun xxx

Mothercare aren't alwasy accurate as they told me the Britax Evolva 1-2-3 didn't fit mine. So I came home and looked on the Brittax website and it even tells you which seats in your model car that their seats fit on!! How cool!!

The stage one car seat fit in most cars but find the seat you want and check the manufacturers webby hun xxx

This is probably because they read the instructions with the seats for their info, like in my post above my seat's instructions certainly don't list every car they fit including mine. The reason Britax can tell you about Isofix is that they are pioneering the system so they are the definitive source, even if you buy a different make of seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->