Which cereals can I give my 11 month old for breakfast?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
My LO is almost 11 months old. She was a late weaner as she had no interest in food at all. She started eating some foods at 9 months but still isn't the best at eating yet. She is getting fed up of toast for breakfast and not eating any, so I was wondering what kind of cereals you gave to your LO's?we have bran flakes but they might be a little too high in fibre for her. My HV suggested Cheerios a while back but they're quite high in sugar, aren't they?

Also is it ok to give them dry rather than in a bowl with milk? She doesn't know how to use a spoon yet and would be more interested in the bowl than eating :haha:

Heniz porridge and flavoured cereals. Mix with breast or formula milk. Nice and smooth especially if your lol is still getting used to food.

No need to buy expensive baby cereals IMO - LO likes shreddies, cornflakes, and yes, Cheerios :) check out the own brands, they're often lower in salt. At that age I would soak some cereal in a bit of milk then put the soggy cereal on his highchair tray :) or spoon feed (even though we BLW). He would have 1-2 bits some days and none others. Now he wolfs down 2-3 bowlfuls!

Scarlett has ready brek (thick so she can scoop it up with her hands) Weetabix (with just a bit of milk) cornflakes, shreddies (own brand not nasty nestle!) own brand shredded wheat, mini apricot wheats. Branflakes would be ok occasionally.

I make porridge with milk and fruit and then bake it in the oven until its solid enough to cut then DS can pick it up.

My LO likes shredded wheat, he's not a fan of cereal soaked in milk though so I usually just mix it in plain yogurt so it's like thick yogurt and he uses his hands (it's messy but he loves it!) Same thing goes for Muffets (it's basically just shredded wheat...).

He also loves cheerios and shreddies (dry).. He'd eat shreddies every day if he could lol but it's SO high in salt. They don't consume enough to be 'bad' for them so really any breakfast cereal is fine, especially since Holly is almost a year and they can handle more salt by then... and toast probably has the same amount of salt as most breakfast cereals :)

have you tried other breakfast options? scrambled eggs, oatmeal, french toast (eggy bread), waffles, pancakes, etc. My LO likes toast too, but not everyday, if he gets it too often it goes on the floor lol.

Any cereal as long as there are no whole nuts as they are a choking hazard. For the baby I use Weetabix mashed with formula or Ready Break Made with formula. My toddler has Shreddies or Cheerios. He has his cereal dry in a bowl, he has never liked milk on cereal. When he was a baby I used to just a little water to Weetabix and would spoonfeed it or when he was older he would scoop it up with his hands.

What abôut crumpets, bagels, pancakes, fruit loaf/ tea cakes as an alternative to toast? My LO loves all of these things! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->