Which curtains?

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Bizarre question, I know but before I go crazy hemming some curtains I bought yesterday I thought I'd get some opinions on whether or not they 'fit' the room and look nice (or too light coloured?)

Original, military issue curtains are on the left, new (unhemmed) ones on the right.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/sublime_envy/SDC10697.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/sublime_envy/SDC10696.jpg

On and btw, curtains are a ******* to iron, press, hem and hang. Just don't bother, or get someone to do it for you...

Thanks! Sorry for the crappy pictures, it's a really bright day here today :dohh: I was worried they were too light a cream colour, but they are growing on me.

*rolls up sleeve on sewing arm* This is going to take awhile...

I have some almost identical so I do like them a lot!! Mines need hemming to....wanna come and do it, Ill buy the wine and chinese!!!

x

ooh the new ones look ovely, so much better than the old!!

Sewing arm? You're doing it by hand?!

They do look really nice though and with them being light it draws your eyes to the window.

Yep, have to do them by hand as I dont have a machine :dohh:

Wow, by hand!

I do like the new ones better :)

The new ones look much more modern.. I like them:) I think the military issued ones sort of look like motel curtains? Have fun doing that all by hand!

they look really nice hun x

My little machine has been going ten to the dozen today, shame you weren't closer and i would have run them up in no time for you!! My spare room looks like a factory at the minute!! Oh and if you struggle to get them pressed i use to wet a towel and ring it out, then put it on top of the curtains and iron! Creates loads of steam getting the creases out easier! xx

yup i like the new ones and i personally like them hanging on the floor at the bottom :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->