Which date would you go by?

Belle Shine

Reaction score
Going by my lmp, my due date is 11th sept
But I ovulated early and, going by that, my due date is 8th sept
Then, today, the doc calculated my due date as 12th sept.

I know they are all provisional until the dating scan but I have another 6 weeks to go before then so I'm wondering which date you would pick to use for your estimated due date until the scan?

Xx

i go by lmp untill the scan.I always ovulate early though so end up being further on at scans.

Go by your lmp and when you have your 12 week scan you may have your Edd changed accordingly x

If you're 100% sure when you O'd, then I don't think it's too much issue going by your conception date. When you get your next scan they will be able to get a better estimate but for now, I think you should be ok :)

Personally i think if you are sure of when you ovulated/conceived then id say thats as accurate as you're guna get....

However going overdue at the end is hard so i may be inclined to choose the furthest away date out of those and stick with it so when you get your scan you're not dissappinted when you get put 'back' dates!!

In short- I go by my ovulation date because I was charting so am 100% sure that was the date i concieved!

I go to a fertility clinic and they definitely know when I Oed, they still go by LMP.

My ov date and lmp put me 3 weeks different but they still keep asking me my lmp though 2 scans have shown gestation in line with my date. Also I know my lmp is impossible as I had a follicle scan on day 13 and I was nowhere near ovulation. My gp said the rules are just go by lmp until dating scan even if you know it's wrong which is just stupid in my opinion.

I'd go by ov date unless the dr based it on a scan in which case that's probably more accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->