which flea treatment do you use on your pets?

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
Random thread but just wondered....

we use Advocate on both of ours :) expensive,but works :D

Advocate here too... well thats what we use on my mums. MIL uses front line & drontal. she only used to use flea collars so i had to educate her a bit. lol x

I didn't realise until the vets said today that when they have flea's it takes up to 9 weeks to get rid of them for good :shock:

I didn't realise until the vets said today that when they have flea's it takes up to 9 weeks to get rid of them for good :shock:

it takes ages. most people dont know that 95% of the problem is actually in the home so carpets, bedding, towels, clothes etc..
so if your pet has fleas you need to treat the house too. x

Front line, the cheap stuff is useless.

dont use flea crap on ur pets. its full of chemicals yuk yuk.
what you should do is for cats and dogs use a thick conditioner and cover ur pet in it, and then leave on for 10 minutes,
this kills the fleas, then use hot water.. not too hot, just as u would like a hot shower, and watch the fleas fall out in to the running water,
and then use a flea comb all over ur pets fur. and repeat process. and do this every other week :)))

dont use flea crap on ur pets. its full of chemicals yuk yuk.
what you should do is for cats and dogs use a thick conditioner and cover ur pet in it, and then leave on for 10 minutes,
this kills the fleas, then use hot water.. not too hot, just as u would like a hot shower, and watch the fleas fall out in to the running water,
and then use a flea comb all over ur pets fur. and repeat process. and do this every other week :)))

I would rather use flea preventative, if a dog gets fleas which it would if they wernt given a preventative then everytime you have to treat the whole house for fleas aswell as the dog.

we use advocate spot on for fleas and worms, its expensive but worth it x

oh i have a kitty cat lol
i have used spot on so im not totally against it

have u seen they do flea treatment an flea collars in 99p shop? (if your from the UK)

As a busy mum I don't have the time to do that and also it's a brave and slightly stupid person who wants to try and wash a cat :xmas13:

oh thats not nice thing to say about me haha
if you start them young then the cat wont mind.....

i started when he was 10 weeks old,
he doesnt love baths!!
BUT he just sits there and lets me do it and then he lets me hair dryer him too,

hes like a teddy bear

I wasn't saying you were stupid :haha:

Just you are a braver person than me :xmas13:

depends on the cats behavior i suppose

i know i didnt take it to heart...

whats ur situation then? are u TTC or you just her for general chit chat as a mum?

I don't use flea treatments either, but I add a tiny amount of garlic puree to their food a couple of times a week (dogs and cats) and it stops them getting fleas in the first place :happydance:

I do mean a tiny bit though ... too much is toxic for them :nope:

I had to find an alternative method as one of my dogs was epileptic and reacted badly to spot ons ... when the garlic worked fine I switched the rest of the animals to it as well. With 2 dogs and 5 cats it's saved me a fortune!

I use stronghold and it prevents against worms as well

i think your vet has never had an infestation :haha:

we got rid of our cats and were still finding fleas for MONTHS afterwards

it was a nightmare getting rid, the literally were in everything :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back