Which one of these lilianna or liliana??

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
So after so many arguments (and tears and tantrums :blush:), we have decided that our baby girl is going to be called Daisy or Liliana / Lillianna?? Its the latter name that we cannot decide on :shrug:, I know its only one letter difference but it completely changes the pronounciation of the name. xx

I was thinking of Lilia if mines a girl !

How does it change the pronounciation?

Lillianna is like - lilli-an-na but Liliana is like - lilli-arr-na

I think anyway! I like Liliana as it's more like full name and Lillianna is more like two seperate names like Anne-Marie

I was thinking of Lilia if mines a girl !

How does it change the pronounciation?

Its as Nessicle says,

Lilianna is pronounced Lili - anna (like saying the two names separately)

Liliana is pronounced Lili - arna (but obviously the 'r' isnt in the spelling).

BTW Franklin and Sonny - what fab names for boys!!

I like both Lilliana and Daisy but where does the 'R' come from in the one spelling?:flower:

I prefer it with the one n - I agree removing the n changes the sound from a short "a" sound as in apple to a longer "ah" sound.

I prefer it with the one n - I agree removing the n changes the sound from a short "a" sound as in apple to a longer "ah" sound.

I have heard these two pronounciations (as stated above):

Lilianna: "Lilly-anna"

or

Liliana: "Lilly-ah-na"

Not sure what people are talking about with an "arr" sound?? :shrug:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Liliana / Lilliana i prefer either of these spellings over Lilianna

I have heard these two pronounciations (as stated above):

Lilianna: "Lilly-anna"

or

Liliana: "Lilly-ah-na"

Not sure what people are talking about with an "arr" sound?? :shrug:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Liliana / Lilliana i prefer either of these spellings over Lilianna

I think its just how we pronounce it with an English accent :shrug:. I agree though, i prefer Lilliana (especially as she gets older, its a more elegant name), but my DH prefers it spelt and pronounced Lilianna :wacko:. We will probably more often than not refer to her as Lily anyway if we do name her that, at least whilst shes little. xx

Just found this old post, forgot how close I was for using it for our last daughter 😉. The fact that I still like the name 4.5 years later must be a good sign :)

Too funny! I was just reading my response from 4 years ago - and would give the same response today. Hahaha. I def think it's a "good sign" plus your dream too!!

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"