Which one would you live in?

x__amour

Mommy.
Reaction score
We are planning on moving out in a few months and found a beautiful condo & townhouse community less than a mile from DH's work. (Currently a 40 mile round trip every day.) It's a gated community on a lake that we absolutely love and are now just waiting to sort out a few remaining debts and save up for the first, last and security.

I'm totally stuck on what unit to get though. They all have their pros and cons and there's a lot of options so which one would you live in and why?

A

https://imageshack.com/a/img829/9686/p0mb.jpg
This one is my favorite, I think, and the cheapest. The balcony is a bit on the small side but the living room is huge. Good size kitchen but I wish the pantry was bigger. I love that the living room and dining room are separate as LO tries to watch TV while she's eating if she sees a TV. I love the office area. I really like that the bedrooms are separate from the living area but I'm not sure how I feel about them being side by side. (Noise factors.) It would be extremely easy to close off the back of the house with a baby gate. I love the balcony off the master suite.

B

https://imageshack.com/a/img547/6606/6mmz.jpg
This layout is probably my least favorite. I don't like combined living and dining areas and it makes the room very crowded. I feel like my children would be a bit far away for my taste. I like that everyone gets their own full bath in their room. I feel like this is a very cramped layout.

C

https://imageshack.com/a/img838/1897/tpeo.jpg
I like this one a lot but the price is a bit much. It's pretty similar to "A" but $200 more for what? A bathtub and 64 SQ FT? I'm not sure it's worth that much. I do like that the bedrooms are again separate from the living area but also spread out so maybe it wouldn't be as loud.

D

https://imageshack.com/a/img801/2977/ii7b.jpg
Same price as "A" and the largest amount of SQ FT. I'm a big fan of completely different living levels, i.e. upstairs and downstairs, but I'm not sure about the amount of stairs involved with a young baby. The kitchen and pantry are huge but I hate that the laundry room is downstairs. I like the garage but I only have one car and I don't need to store anything. I don't like combined living/dining and that there's no office. No walk in closets and the rooms are on the small side. No big bath tub in the master suite either. This layout is really cramped, I think.

I'm fairly certain I'm leaning towards "A" but am honestly stuck. What are your opinions? :flower:

I'd go for the cheapest, but I'm amazed at how cheap rent is there for quite big houses! But yes, probably A! Go with your gut feeling!

:shock: I also can't believe how cheap it is! Go with A. I like C's layout best but it's a waste of money

yea, your own descriptions of those 4 choices are dead on. exactly what i think too. the A is the best. if D has bigger closets, i might be ok with walking up and down the stairs (but that's me, i love having two floors) but i think for you, yes A is def the best choice

I prefer D, I'd hate living on one level. You can hear everything!

A for me. I do like C best but totally agree with you that it's not worth the extra money. And no matter if the rooms are right next to each other or a few feet away there's still going to be noise!! So excited for you :)

Personally, I would go with D. I really dislike living on a single level. I feel like there is no privacy. Everything can be heard and seen.

I also feel like D is a house that will grow more with you. However if I was to go with the flats I would choose C. I just feel like the bedrooms look a bit more spacious and I don't like how in A all the bedroom would be next to each other.

I agree with everything you've said - A looks lush! Definitely the best option :thumbup:

Wow!! Just checked exchange rate its about £635, in my town ud get a 1 bedroom box for that never minda 3 bed in a gated community.

Very jealous! Id go for a or d :)

I'd go for D.

Only because I've lived in a flat before and really didn't like it. I felt quite claustrophobic in our flat, for no other reason than it feels like you can't ever get away, at least if you've got 2 levels you have more room to breathe, that's just my opinion though :flower:

I'd go with your Gut feeling-in my experience it's usually the right choice!

We chose our house mainly based on the location, this was the main criteria for us. It's a lovely area.

Tbh I like D if it were me,extra space can never be a bad thing

But
Go for A as it is your preference so should go for what you wil be happy in x

A or D.

A's floorplan is nice and you get a lot of sq. footage.

D's is nice and slightly bigger and you most definitely have seperation of living and sleeping area. My issue with 2+ story homes is that they tend to look smaller if you don't have a good floorplan. I don't mind 2 story homes, but I also love one story homes.

Tough decision. But I think maybe if it was a toss up between A and D...I'd go for whichever one had a better location in the complex. Noise, what level the condo/townhouse is on, access to pools, mailbox, etc. :)

And out here, a 2200+ sq. foot condo/townhouse/apartment would cost us about $2500-3000 a month. LOL

I would go for A as it is your preference and I think you should always go with your gut :thumbup: I hope everything works out well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->