Which real nappies??

boobaby

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I hope you don't mind me posting on here. I am a Mum2B and am trying to research into real/reusable nappies but am so confused as to which types, which makes, where to buy etc etc.
I could really to with some recommendations.
I am after the easiest option, is that the "all in one"? I'm not too keen on all the folding involved so quite like the look of the ones with poppers.
Also, are there smaller ones for newborns and how many of this size should i buy?
Sorry, am soooo confused but would really like to give real nappies a go.
Thanks x
:flower:

We all start somewhere honey! :flower:

the best place to start is with the guides at the top. there's loads of info in there about the types of nappies etc (inc a huge FAQ article)

also a list of lingo and shops that members here have used.

it's also probably worth checking out whether your local council offer any incentives to use cloth nappies (theres a link for that too :))

Back to your Questions -

As for recommendations i'm always hesitant to recommend a specific nappy as it's quiet an individual choice. If your interested in all-in-ones then you should maybe try a few before buying loads. The downside of AIOs is that some can take an age to dry, so not advisable if you don't have a tumble dryer.

very few of the modern nappies require any complicated folding. some nappies will have inserts that you might fold into a rectangle (but unfold to speed up drying)
pre-folds and flats are the more tricky ones but they all have their place. (alot of people prefer them for newborns)

most new nappies will require some form of pre-washing to prime the fabrics, this can be avoided by buying preloved nappies (alot of newborn ones will generally circulate cheaply on the used nappy classifieds boards - see cloth nappy tree)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->